chapter eleven

Chapter Eleven: Coins & Quidditch 

Hermione had something important to tell her friends, but everywhere they went they were in fear of someone overhearing. Harry took his invisibility cloak out of his bag and threw it over Eleanor to sneak her into the Gryffindor Tower. Standing between Ron and Harry, Eleanor followed Ron into the common room. Once inside the common room, Eleanor pulled off the cloak and handed it back to Harry. The Fat Lady wouldn't allow anyone that was not Gryffindor into the tower, so rarely Eleanor ever tried, and when she did Harry would cover her with his cloak so she can get by. 

Eleanor waved at Ginny who took a seat next to her. Hermione pulled out some galleons from her pocket and held it to the group.

"Galleons? That's what was so important." Ron stared at the bushy hair girl with his mouth open. 

"No Ronald, these are fake Galleons. I got the idea from how Voldemort uses his dark mark to call his follower. I don't think anyone would fancy a D.A. mark on their arm, so I used the Protean Charm. You see the numerals around the edge of the coins? On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting." Hermione showed each part of the coin to the group as they watched in complete awe. 

"And Umbridge can't say anything if she ask to show our pockets, it'll just be another Galleon. Clever Mione." Eleanor beamed, grabbing a couple Galleons to inspect. 

"Brilliant." Harry said looking at the coins. "Hermione, you are brilliant." 

* * * 

November brought on a cold wind. The feeling of warmth from the sun was a blessing ever once in a while. Eleanor followed her way towards Quidditch pitch, arm in arm with Cho Chang. The Gryffindor and Slytherin games were always the ones that were packed to watch due to the houses constant rivalry. Eleanor had chosen which team to support, her almost boyfriend, Draco Malfoy, or her friends whom were all on the team, Harry, Ron, Fred, George, and Angelina. 

Standing in the Ravenclaw section, Eleanor spotted the teams shaking hands on the grass before mounting their brooms. Eleanor couldn't help but be worried about this game, nor could she shake off the funny feeling in her stomach. The players all rose into the air and Draco flew over the Ravenclaws, while Harry went to the other side. Eleanor looked up at white blonde boy, who quickly looked at, his eyes quickly passing over the Ravenclaws before settling on her. He smirked before winking so fast that Eleanor could have missed it if she blinked. She was wrapped tightly in a navy blue scarf, her nose turning red as the cold wind blew into her face. 

As the game continued, Eleanor and the other Ravenclaws looked over at the Slytherins who were singing a song. Lee Jordan stopped speaking as he listened to what they were cheering on.