chapter six

Chapter Six: Quill     

Chapter Six: Quill     

Eleanor was in a cheery mood as she made her way downstairs for breakfast. It had been a couple of days now. She wasn't sure why she in a such happy mood, but she didn't argue with it. She found time to write to her parents about how the school year was going so far. Eleanor found most of her time in the library with Hermione trying to study on things that Umbridge was now banning from their actual studies. The two girls were getting visibly frustrated that they couldn't learn properly. The Great Hall was somewhat filled with students eating, socializing, or finishing up last minute homework. Eleanor made her way towards Hermione, Ron and Ginny. Ron was stuffing a piece of toast in his mouth as Ginny and Hermione stared at him with disgust. 

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked. 

"I'm hungry." Ron exclaimed as he continued. Eleanor raised her eyebrows at the red head, before taking a seat next to Hermione. Eleanor felt a presence behind her, and saw Harry. 

"Hey Harry," She greeted. She knew well enough from Hermione that Harry wasn't feeling well, and he often isolated himself from everyone including Ron. 

"Can I join you?" Harry questioned as he looked down at his feet. The group all smiled as Harry sat down next to Eleanor. Eleanor offered Harry a piece of toast, to which started to nibble on. A few students were making there way outside the Great Hall, as the group of five were approached by a third year Gryffindor, telling them Mcgonagall was telling off Umbridge. The five quickly stood from their spot and walked outside the Great Hall to see what was happening.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge was climbing up the stairs to the Grand Staircases. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all stood in front of Eleanor, as the Weasley twins came to her right side. Eleanor looked to her right and saw Draco Malfoy coming close to her, wanting to hear the exchange between the two Professors. 

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Mcgonagall looked angry, and Eleanor pieced that this was probably about Harry's hand and the detention. Hermione had told her that she had told the Head of House about this. 

"So silly of me, but it sounds, as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." At this point, the entrance of the Great Hall was covered by students who were trying to see what had happened. 

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." Mcgonagall followed Umbridge on the stairs. 

"But to question my practices is to question the Ministry... and by extension, the minister himself." Umbridge looked behind her and looked over the crowd of the students. "I am a tolerant woman... but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." 

"Disloyalty." Mcgonagall shook her head and took a step down. Eleanor shook her head slowly as she watched Umbridge's eye scan the crowd, landing directly on Harry.