LWSADW: The Man On The Road

It was past midnight. I was driving Dean’s car, he finally let me have it. The road in front of me quickly disappeared under my tires. Music was loud, I was singing, and trying to drive exactly on the middle of the road. Yeah, I was drunk, you can tell. Actually, I was starting to get sober. There was no one out, everyone was in their little happy houses, enjoying this autumn evening. I looked at the sky. There was so many stars, sky was clear. I sighed.

“God, what do I have to do to get some rain here?”, I murmured to myself.

I turned on an exit to Chicago. I was driving to our motel, Sam and Dean stayed there, they thought we had some case there, but they were wrong. Without them knowing, I went on some address I found and checked it. God, Dean would kill me if he knew, Sam too. That’s why I told them I was going to get some pizza or something. I was kind of worried. There were no more dreams about Nate, looks like he listened to my words. I heard my phone ringing. I checked the callers ID and found out it was my best friend Sarah. I answered.

“Yeah?”

Alright, Lea where are you? You weren’t showing in school for like a month and you didn’t call me. What’s going on?”, she started bombarding me with questions. I smiled. It was good to hear her voice again.

“Hey, Sarah!”, I said. I was getting kind of nervous. I didn’t know what to tell her. I wanted to protect her, but she is my best friend. “Um, yeah, sorry ‘bout that. Look, I guess you know about Tom and Anne.”

Yes, I’m sorry. Go on.

“Well after that I found out I had two older brothers…”, I started but was cut off by Sarah.

Brothers? How old?

“Don’t even think about it”, I said and laughed. I really missed her. “So anyway, I have brothers now, and I found out who my father is so…”

I guess you’re not coming back”, she said. “Then I can tell you this: About two weeks ago, I found out I was…Please don’t laugh at me”, she said, whimpering into the phone a little. I was confused but then I figured it out. I stopped the car on the middle of the road. Please don’t tell me, please…

“I won’t, spit it out!”

I am some kind of a hunter. Um, hunter of paranormal”, she said. Damn it. I put my hand over my face.

“Okay, does anyone else know?”

No, except my parents. They told me, anyway. Last Friday I killed my first ghost! It was so cool. I took some i-

“Iron thingy, right? Salt, burning its bones? Am I right?”, I said. I figured it would be okay for her to know. It was good she had her parents. They could protect her.

Yeah, but how do you know those st-“, she started but stopped, realization hitting her. “No! You are a hunter too?”

“Yeah, my brothers too! So anyway how’s in school?”, I asked starting my car again. I needed a change of subject.

 “Well, nothing special, except one thing. Jeremy and I are now together!”, she said, obviously happy. Damn it, that guy was hot, I thought speeding up. I was driving really fast cause there was no one out. Lucky her. I was really glad for her. “So, any special boy in your life?”, she asked and I immediately remembered Nate.

 No matter how creepy he was, he was good looking boy. Very good looking. I shook my head ignoring my thoughts. I was just about to answer her when the car started shaking. I looked in the rearview mirror and guessed it was just a tire. I shrugged it off and kept driving.