Call Me Pretty| Prologue

Call Me Pretty

Dominique Weasley

     Shell Cottage was full of sweet, wee hours of night noises, yet Dominique was still very awake. The sloped ceiling of her bedroom had little glowing stars on it, and moonlight spilled through the windows on either end of the room; her bed was pushed up against the window facing the sea, her head directly beneath the slope-she’d hit her head many a time, but she refused to move.

Finally, Dominique heard what she’d been waiting for all night-the sound of quiet footsteps on their stairs. The door of her room opened and Victoire crept in, shoes in hands and smiling blissfully.

“Dom, you awake?” she whispered, dropping he shoes and pulling her dress over her head; she slipped beneath the covers in just her underwear and the sisters huddled together. They turned to each other, dark and light blue eyes shining in the dark-Dominique was desperate for her sister to tell her everything, but held her excitement in.

“Was it nice, Vic?” she asked, curling her toes in anticipation.

“Oh Dom…” sighed Victoire “It was perfect. And look…” she held up her hand and smiled shyly “Ted asked me to marry him.”

Light blue eyes widening, Dominique wanted to cry out with excitement “Vic! That’s-that’s-Dad’s going to kill you.”

Victoire giggled and pulled Dominique close “Don’t be silly, he’ll be very happy for me. Besides, we’re not getting married soon-when Teddy’s done his last year of Auror training and I’m settled in with the international trade.”

The sisters held each other, and Dominique tried not to cry-her sister was her best friend, only one year older than her, and she was going to miss her desperately at school this coming year. Now she was getting married, too, and Dominique was going to lose her forever. “I’m going to miss you, Vic.”

“Don’t be sad, Dom.” Wiping away her both their tears, Victoire smiled happily at the small glittering diamond on her finger “Someday you’ll get married, too-we’ll be each others maids of honour, just like we played as little girls.”

Sniffing, Dominique wished that time could just freeze, and she could talk to her sister forever, moonlight spilling through the window “Don’t be silly Vic, I’m not nearly pretty enough to get married.”

“Don’t say that, Dom.” Said Victoire sternly “You’re very beautiful, and some day you’ll have your own prince charming. I have Teddy, and…oh, everything is just absolutely perfect, Dom!”

Dominique wanted to be happy, happy to have Teddy (who she adored) joining the family and about Victoire being happy, but all Dominique could think of was how beautiful Victoire would look on her wedding day, and that her parents would be so disappointed when she, plain little Dominique Weasley, never got married and lived alone with a dozen cats.

“I’m so happy, Dom.” Whispered Victoire, her eyes shining with tears as she held her little sisters hand.

Smiling sadly, Dominique blinked her tears away “I’m happy, too.”

But she wasn’t. Dominique wasn’t anything like her sister, and she never would be.

A/N: So this is the story I will be writing when I finish "The One That Loved" and "Loving in Scarlet". Whichever comes first.

Question: What do you think?

Rose<3