Settling in

Mari's POV

"OMG Mari these pillows are sooooo soft!" I laughed as Alya jumped onto my bed. We had reached the palace about 30 minutes ago, and we've just finished getting settled. Nino volunteered to help ChuanLi unpack the rest of the stuff, so he's doing that right now.

"Well, what do you expect Alya? A princess needs her beauty sleep!" I flopped down next to her, with a dramatic flair. We both burst into giggles. Suddenly, she shot up into a sitting position and smirked down at me. I raised my eyebrow. She's up to something.

"What are you thinking Alya?" I propped myself up on my elbows and leveled my stare with hers.

"Well, I was just thinking about how you failed to invite a certain someone to the palace. What was that about, hmm?" Her grin grew even wider.

I flushed, my face burning. "W-what!? H-hold on, where did this even come from?" I stammered, waving my hands around my face. "I mean, it's not like I'm trying to leave him out or anything, I just don't know what I would do if he stayed here!" gasp "Adrien, living here!? With me!? Like in the same house?!!!" I shot up into the air at the thought, falling off the bed in the process. "Owwww..." I groaned in pain as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Chill out girl," Alya snickered. "You can invite him, you'll be fine! And besides, I'll be there if you combust so don't worry." She wore a smug look on her face as I crawled back on the bed.

"That's what I'm worried about." I mumbled. Suddenly, Nino's face appeared in the doorway, a sly grin on his face.

"'Sup dudettes, so... what's this I'm hearing about Adrien, hm?" I squeaked, my face turning beet red.

"N-nothing! You heard absolutely nothing, you got it!?" He laughed.

"Yeah, well that's not what my ears are telling me." I jumped up and pushed him out of my room, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Hmph! Well, you better tell your ears that they hear wrong, because if Adrien hears a single word about this-!"

"Oh," Nino's voice came through the door. "so you were talking about Adrien right?"

"Sh-shut up!" I spun around to see Alya doubled over in silent laughter. "What are you laughing about!? Y'know what? Whatever. This whole world is against me..." I sighed as I flopped down on my chaise, Nino and Alya's cackling resonating in my ears. Sigh. I'll never get a break from this...

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you like my newest update! I'm sorry this wasn't super long, but I swear I wrote until all my ideas went dry. Thanks for sticking with me Mon Minous~
-Author Chan