seven

seven;

seven;

"WHERE'S JACK?" Janiyah asked as she sprinted through the hallway towards Ray, who carried two life vests in his arms.

"He'll be back," Ray replied, handing her one of the vests. "He went to his room to get a life jacket."

She nodded, "Okay, let's head up to the top deck and see what's going on."

They turned to head to the stairway that Janiyah had returned from, but the gate closed up and locked by a crew member behind it. "This stairwell is closed, head back to the main stairwell," he told them before leaving.

"What's the difference between this stairwell and the other one?" Janiyah asked, earning a shrug from Ray.

The two made their way to the main stairwell instead, but it was clogged with many passengers, holding their suitcases and yelling at the stewards on the other side of the locked steel gate to open it up.

"Stay calm, please," said one of the stewards. "It's not time to go up to the boats yet."

"They're letting the first-class on the boats first," Ray rolled his eyes. "What's even going on? Jack and I felt the ship shake for a while, did it hit something?"

"It hit an iceburg. I thought it hadn't done any damage to the ship, but I guess it did," Janiyah replied. She sighed, "We're just gonna have to wait. They'll have to let us go eventually, they can't leave us here."

"Yeah, well to them we're just stowaway trash so I wouldn't be surprised if they left us here to die."

They waited for some time. Still, the stewards wouldn't open up the gate. People were getting furious, including Ray. "This is bull!" He yelled, pushing his way through the crowd after he'd decided he had enough of this. "Let us go already or I'll destroy the damn gate myself!"

Janiyah remained in her spot, pensive, as she hadn't seen Jack. He'd be back by now for sure, he only went to get his life vest... something could've gone wrong. But she had no idea where Jack's room was, so he couldn't go look for him. Perhaps if she looked around she'd find him? Leaving the chaotic scene, walked past the many doors through the empty hallway. Everyone was probably waiting at the gate, and if they weren't, they were still sleeping, completely ignoring the warning.

Passing by her room, she heard a familiar voice, yelling for help. Wait... why was there someone in her room, calling for help? It certainly didn't sound like one of her roommates... "Help! I'm in here!" The voice was heard again, and it was... Jack?

"Jack?" She called for him, turning the doorknob only for it to be locked. "Jack, what are you still doing here? I thought you were getting your life belt."

"J!" He sounded relieved. "J, you can't open the door?"

"No, why did you lock it?" She asked, attempting to open it again but it wouldn't budge.