six

six;

six;

THERE WAS A KNOCK ON THE DOOR.

Both Jack and Janiyah sat up on the bed and looked at each other, panic in their eyes. Crap, one of them's probably back...

"J, you in there?"

No, it wasn't one of her roommates... it was Ray?

"Is that Ray?" Jack asked, obviously recognizing his voice.

She nodded in response. Then whispered, "Let's get dressed, I'll lead him out and you leave the room once we're gone."

The two hopped out of bed, throwing on their clothes as quick as they could. The doorknob moved as Ray tried to open the door, but luckily it was locked. "J?"

"Coming!" Janiyah answered as she finished up changing into her clothing, heading towards the door. She opened it slightly to reveal Ray, who's face lit up when he saw her. How would he react if he knew Jack was in here with me? "Heyyyy, what are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you," he stated. "Can I come in?"

"How about we talk outside instead?" She told him, to which he nodded, beginning to turn around, Janiyah then leaving the room. But then a thud in the room caused Ray to look back, a grunt following the noise. Sounded like Jack stubbed his toe or something...

"What was that?" Ray asked, "Was there someone in there with you?"

"No," she lied, beginning to close the door. "Well, yeah, it was just one of my roommates."

Ray stuck his boot in between the closing door, "You sure? 'Cause you never lock the door... just let me in," he pushed through, but Janiyah stopped him.

"No, I said we can talk outside," she held him back. "I don't even remember locking the door, I don't know why it was locked."

"J, let me in." Shoving her out of the way and opening up the door revealed a very shirtless Jack, just about to throw a shirt over himself.

Jack froze, "Uh, hi?"

Janiyah entered back into the room, examining Ray's body language. He didn't show any expression, which wasn't good. She knew from the seventeen years she'd known him that whenever he remained expressionless, he was most likely fuming with anger. She was irritated as well, shooting him a glare now. Why couldn't he have just listened to her, and spoken with her outside? "Ray, let me explain, okay?"

"No, no, no, you don't need to explain," Ray said, looking straight at her, then at Jack who'd just put on his shirt. "Just let me talk with him for a moment."

"I- why?"

The two men shared a look, Jack realizing this wasn't gonna be any ordinary talk. "J, just go. It's fine," he reassured her. "I'll meet you at the top deck, okay?"