Chapter 19

I woke up, extremely confused about last night. I sat up in my bed, rubbing my face, and looked over to see Ethan all curled up against his pillow. I would think it was so cute, if it weren't for all the bruises and cuts on his face. And then I remembered what happened. I finally realized just how much I liked Ethan, and I was willing to give him a chance. But after we kissed for the first time (really the second), Grayson walked up and punched him. They got in a huge fight and I eventually had to yank Ethan off of Grayson. I cleaned Ethan up in the bathroom, but Grayson wandered off. Ethan spent the night at my house so he wouldn't have to face Grayson again.

I debated on waking him up to get some breakfast, or letting him sleep. He did have a rough night, so I decided to try and wiggle away from him without disturbing him.

"Mmm.. Betty?" I heard him mutter. So much for letting him sleep! I stopped moving and scooted closer to him.

"Good morning." I whispered. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "Your face looks really bad." I reached over and softly touched his cheek, examining the cut there.

"Why thank you." He chuckled.

"You know what I meant, ya big goof." I pulled my hand away and snuggled up under the covers we were sharing. "Does anything hurt?" I asked.

"Yeah. My entire face, and I have a headache." He squeezed his eyes shut as he said this.

"I can go get some tylenol or something." I suggested.

"Later. Let's just stay here for a while." He smiled again and moved a little closer to me.

"Um, about last night?" I started.

"You didn't know Grayson would punch me. It's not your fault so don't beat yourself up about it." Ethan cut me off.

"No, I know. I meant," I started to blush. "the kiss." I bit my lip.

"Oh, yeah. What about it?" He bit his lip, too.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, I liked it." I blushed an even darker shade of red.

"I liked it too. And you're really cute when you're all sleepy and blushy." He grinned at me.

My stomach started to get all tingly.

"So are you." I leaned forward and gently kissed the tip of his nose, trying not to touch his injuries. "Now. We should get you that tylenol."

"Ugh, ok. Come back soon?" He made a pouty face.

"Of course." I smiled at him and crawled out of the bed. I still can't believe my parents let him sleep in my bed in my room. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen where my parents were eating breakfast.

"Morning, sleepy head! Where's Ethan?" My mom exclaimed.

"He has a headache and his face hurts. So I was just gonna get him some tylenol and juice or something." I opened the medicine cabinet and started searching.

"Ok. But you two don't stay back there for too long! Or else I'll have to come say hi." My dad joked from the table.

"Ha ha. I promise we'll be out soon." I found the tylenol and poured out a glass of orange juice.

"Adios." I said as I walked back to my bedroom. Ethan was sitting up against the back of the bed on his phone.

"Whatcha doin." I set the juice down on the bedside table and opened up the tylenol bottle.

"My mom called me a lot last night. I called and she wouldn't pick up so I just texted her." He laid his phone down and took the tylenol and juice from me. I sat next to him on the bed.

"What'd she say?" I asked. He downed the pills and orange juice and set the glass back down.

"She was just really pissed. I probably should have told her I was sleeping over."

"Oh shit, I thought you texted her last night when I was in the shower?"

"I was too distracted. It's fine though." He shrugged. We sat in silence for a while until I broke it.

"Are you.. ok? Like with what happened with Grayson." I asked.

"I don't know, that was our first huge fight. We've always been so close so I don't get why he just straight up punched me instead of talking to me about it." His voice started to tremble.

"No, I didn't mean to make you sad." I put my arms around his waist and my head on his shoulder.

"It's fine. I just don't know how we're going to fix this." He shrugged again.

"I'll do everything I can, I promise." I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thanks." He leaned down and kissed me slowly. His lips were swollen.

"How's your head?" I asked after he pulled away.

"Better. And as much as I want to stay, I should probably go home now." I let go of him and he stood up.

"Do you want me to come with?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it'd probably just make things way more complicated." He looked around on the ground for his suit from last night.

"You're right. And your suit's probably in the laundry room. I'll get it." We both walked out of my room and he made small talk with my parents while I grabbed his suit. Soon after, his sister arrived.

"Bye Ethan. Text me everything that happens, ok?" I told him.

"Ok. Bye!" He waved as he got into Cameron's car.

I closed the door with a huff. He seemed so sad and it was all because of me. If I had never dated Grayson, none of this would've happened. I sighed and went back to my room to sleep some more. I was way too tired to be awake any longer.

//
I woke up around 10 to the sound of my ringtone. I rolled over and grabbed my phone. Ethan was calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Did you get my texts?" He asked.

"No, sorry I was asleep. What happened?"

"Well my mom chewed me out for forever because I didn't tell her where I was. And then Grayson came downstairs and he looked even worse than I do. Like, way worse."

"Did he say anything to you?" I asked.

"No. He didn't even look at me. He just got some food and went back to his room."

"I'm so sorry. Honestly. If I had known this would happen..." I trailed off.

"I know, I know. It's not your fault though. Hell, if it weren't for you pulling me off of him, I don't know how bad things would've gotten. So, thanks." He said.

"You're welcome I guess. I just hate that you two are fighting."

"Me too. But we'll make up soon, we always do."

"I really hope so."

"Ok, I gotta go now. My parents are taking mine and Grayson's phones, but they let me call you so I could catch you up."

"That sucks. I guess I'll see you Monday then!" I said. He said bye and hung up. I laid my phone on my bedside table and sighed. Monday. I just knew that everyone would be talking about what happened. Not to mention the fact that I had been sitting on the floor, crying my eyes out in the middle of everyone. I couldn't wait to hear all the whispers and rumors about me behind my back! I just hoped Ethan and Grayson would make up by then. I hated seeing either of them upset. Yes, including Grayson. He may have cheated on me, but he looked so sad at the dance, before he punched Ethan. And I hated knowing that I was probably the one who pushed him over the limit like that.

And Ethan. We had kissed like what, three times now? We were obviously more than friends, but we weren't dating. I'd have to ask him about that after everything had settled down. But for now, sleep.

//
Heyy. This chapter was just a small filler. I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. School has just been so busy lately. I might have to start just updating once a week. But tomorrow I'll be in the car for about 3 hours so I'll be sure to write then!

-Betty