Chapter 1

Let me start off by saying, I liked Georgia. It may be really hot and humid but it was still nice. There was a river a couple feet behind my house in the woods so i could go sit by the water and listen to music or just think. I had grown up in that house and had made so many friends. So, you can imagine how upset i was when my parents told me we were moving to New Jersey. My mom got a job offer that paid double what she was making now so of course she had to take it. So I told all my friends and we all cried together and i really didn't want to leave because, well, Georgia was my home.

When we first arrived in New Jersey, i absolutely hated it. It was Summer and i had no friends at all. While everyone at home was out with their friends posting pics on Instagram, i was at home wondering what school would be like. I knew it wouldn't be easy to make friends because I'm super shy and not one to open up easily. My mom always says to me, "Betty, just be yourself. People will love you if you are." But the problem with that is, the last time i was myself, i got my heart broken by a player. I mean i sortof expected it. I'm not beautiful. I have brown eyes and brown hair and i'm tall and my thighs are jiggly and i have no butt- nothing you would expect anyone as hot as someone like him to fall for. And after that, i never really was the same. I loved him, and he just threw it all away.

Anyways, now that all that backstory shit is out of the way, i can start to tell you guys about when i first met the twins. It was the first day of school and of course, i avoided everyone. I only talked to the teachers when they asked me a question and tried to not make eye contact with anyone. I think i was walking towards my 3rd period when i saw him. He had brown hair, beautiful eyes, and a sexy jawline. He had moles on his cheek. Though I didn't know him at the time, i noticed how he was at his locker with a lot of girls surrounding him. So of course, i thought he was a player. I walked past the group quickly and on to class. When i got to class, i sat down in the back and started unloading my things.

"Alright class, i know today is the first day, but-" my teacher was interrupted by the same boy i saw in the hallway walking in.

"Sorry Mrs. Chester. I got a little lost." He said.

"That's fine Ethan, please take a seat." She replied.

Of course, the only empty seat in the room was right beside me. He walked over to where i was and sat down. He got all of his stuff out and started paying attention to Mrs. Chester. I however, couldn't look away. He was just so beautiful. I finally snapped out of my daze when Mrs. Chester called on me.

"Um, Betty? Betty Tolbert? Could you please introduce yourself to the class?"

"Oh, sure." I got up and nervously walked towards the front of the room. "Um, I'm Betty Tolbert. I moved here from Georgia and... Yeah." I said. I glanced over to Ethan to see him staring at me. I gulped.

"Thank you, Betty. You may be seated." Mrs. Chester said. "Now,.."

I walked back to my seat quickly and sat down, trying to avoid looking at Ethan. I could feel his eyes on me, burning holes in the side of my face. I did this throughout the entire class, scared to move because it might attract his attention. After the bell rang, i packed up my things and tried to rush out the door. Too bad I didn't notice the solid body in front of me before i slammed into it. I looked up to see i had ran right smack into Ethan. He grabbed my arm to steady me and i pulled it away.

"Sorry." I muttered, looking at my feet.

"No it was probably my fault anyways. I'm Ethan." He said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Cool, um i guess i should be going now." I said. I started to walk away before i felt his hand grab my arm again.

"Wait, where's your next class? I could walk you there." Ethan asked.

"Um, i think it's D hall."

"I have to go there too, i can walk you. Come on." He let go of me and motioned for me to follow him.

"Oh. Oh ok!" I nervously replied. He lead me outside the door and into the hall. I could see all of the girls he was talking to earlier staring me down. I looked at my feet again.

"So what part of Georgia are you from?" Ethan looked at me.

"Athens. It's about 2 hours away from Atlanta."

"Oh i know where that is, my cousins live near there." He looked away.

"Oh, cool." We stayed quiet the rest of the walk. When we got to D hall we silently parted ways.

Little did i know, this would be the beginning of something terrifyingly beautiful.

//

Ok so i know it's very slow right now, but i promise it'll pick up in the next fee chapters. I just had to establish the main character a bit. Thanks for reading!
- Betty