Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

Sitting up in the stands Chloe couldn’t wait to see his face.  This was going to be the revenge of all revenges, the ultimate retribution that she hungered for and it was going to be the epic of all epicness.    

 For the briefest of moments there was a small pang of guilt that assuaged her when she thought back to how excited John had looked when he first saw her on her door step.  His smile of appreciation was sincere and just about undid her.  Frowning, she rubbed at the back of her neck uncomfortably.

 “What’s wrong?”

She turned to Erica and quickly pushed out of her mind all thoughts of John.  The guilt moment was brief, but then it was gone.  She had to remember first and foremost exactly who and what John was.  At the end of the night when it all came down to it, he would be no different than the rest of them.  He was after all, a master player.  He would surely expect to get in her pants and that is why she had to do what she was doing, for propriety’s sake if nothing else. 

“Nothing,” she quickly replied and shot her cousin a telling smile. “At least not anymore.”

Erica beamed brightly back at Chloe, her eyes wide.  “So it’s done then.”

Nodding Chloe answered. “Yep, it’s done.  This game should be… let’s say… entertaining.”  Entertaining she thought was putting it mildly.  This game should be out and out hilarious if all goes as she had originally planned.

The crowd went up in a roar and both girls turned their gazes back to the field.  The team filed out in typical male fashion, hooting and hollering, beating on their chest.  Instead of a bunch of male teenagers, one would think that they were a bunch of primordial gorillas, jumping the way that they were.

“There he is,” Erica pointed out.

Chloe followed her hand and sure enough, there he was.  The one guy that had been the bane of her existence all week.  The one guy that represented all of the guys who had ever thought that they were God’s gift to human kind.  Justin Pinnix.  And he was about to be in for one hell of a rude awakening.  

Beside him Chloe easily spotted John and she couldn’t help but to try and stifle a giggle.  He was already clawing at his groin and he was being pretty obvious about it.

“You see it too,” Erica commented not bothering to hide her smile. 

Chloe didn’t have to look at Erica to see the smile on her face.  She could hear the amusement in the way she talked.  “Hell yeah!  And think, this is just the beginning.”

She laughed and agreed.  “Yeah, it’s too bad that Justin had scouts coming out tonight.

He’ll probably lose his precious scholarship now.”
Turning her head, Chloe stared back at her cousin not sure she head her correctly.  She felt a note of dread begin to wind its way into her chest.  “Did you say scouts… as in from colleges?” 

“Yeah,” she replied flippantly as if it was no big thing.  Erica kept her eyes trained on the field while Chloe seriously started to second guess what she had just done.  She wanted to embarrass the guy, maybe teach him a lesson or two in humility but she didn’t want to ruin his chances at getting into a decent school, on a scholarship no less.  “Why didn’t you mention this before?” she asked her cousin skeptically.

This time Erica was the one to glance over her shoulder and shrug.  “I didn’t think it mattered.”

“Mattered,” Chloe squelched.  “What if he blows his chances at getting into a decent school?  Then it‘s my fault.”