Chapter 4

“White Liar"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4 

It had been twenty four hours since Chloe had last berated Justine for the poster incident.  He thought the scene had been rather comical, especially the way that she marched right up to him and proceeded to give him a big piece of her mind.

He was with the guys of course and by the time that she had finished with her rant, they were in hysterics, all but rolling on the floor.

Ivan even joked with the girl and offered to help relieve her of that stick problem she seemed to have.  She promptly rewarded him with a loud smack on the face and then just as pretty as you please, she turned on her heels and walked off, leaving an icy trail in her wake.

But really, what did the chick expect?  She embarrassed me, Justin though to himself.  Me of all people, Justin Pinnix, in front of the entire school.  Retaliation was all but inevitable and he couldn’t help but to think that the payback he delivered was pretty damn funny himself.

Since then, things had been quiet though.  Too quiet really.  You could literally feel the tension in the air.  Something was most definitely getting ready to happen and he was well aware that he could not afford to let his guard down for even one iota of a second.

Everyone was at lunch now.  Justin was sitting in his usual spot with some of the guys from the football team, and a few of the cheerleaders too.  He spotted her sitting on the other side of the cafeteria at the table with that same girl that he couldn’t seem to remember the name of.  The girls both seemed to be in heavy conversation and for whatever reason he couldn’t seem to pull his gaze away from her, Chloe Miller.

He couldn’t explain it and didn’t even know if he wanted an explanation.  Quite simply put, she intrigued the hell out of him.  No one had ever been as bold as she had been against him and secretly, he had to admire that.  The girl had some major spunk and crazy skill;  that within itself was a rarity in this day and age when everything was about fitting in and going with the flow.

‘You’re staring again.’

Justin turned around and looked at John who was shamelessly cheesing back at him.

‘I am not,’ he argued, and picked up a fry from his tray, he liberally dipped it into some catsup before plopping it in his mouth.

‘You are too,’ he retorted, shooting a glance over in Chloe’s direction.

Justin made an in-derisive sound and picked up another fry, pointing it at him and lifted his brow, ‘looks like you are the one that’s staring my man’.

He chuckled and shook his head.  ‘Maybe, the view isn’t half bad from where I’m sitting bro.’

Grinding his back teeth, Justin refused to glance back over the table.  Instead he kept his eyes peeled on his plate and pretended to take notice of all of the carbohydrates, now that was something that he needed, especially since they had practice this afternoon.  He fully expected it to be a grueling one since they had the big game this weekend.