normal

SOPHIE'S POV

Sophie adjusted in her seat as she watched a smirk form on Biana's face. "Dare." She said smugly, and Keefe gave her a matching smirk in return. He walked over to the girl, leaning down to whisper in Biana's ear. Sophie couldn't make out what he said, but Biana quickly started furiously whispering back to him. Her tone was audibly mad, but giggles escaped her lips, and she eventually developed a wide, happy smile.

Sophie was wondering what the dare was, studying Biana's flustered but happy expression. Biana stood up, shooting a playful glare at Keefe behind her. Sophie quickly realized Biana was walking over to her, and Biana smiled at her from a few steps away. She awkwardly motioned for Sophie to follow her, and Sophie complied, standing up and walking with Biana out of the room. Biana nervously ushered Sophie into a relatively empty room as her smile faltered.

"So, uh, Sophie." Biana inhaled. "I like you." Sophie's heart surged with hope, her eyes widening. Her smile widened and then immediately fell. "Oh." She said angrily, obviously having realized something. "Wow. This is mean." She said, shooting Biana a glare before rushing out of the room. Biana gave her a confused, hurt look and started running after her.

"Sophie! Wait!" Biana ran after her, and Sophie rushed downstairs and out the back door, into the large garden. She looped around the bushes, leaning against one and letting her back slide down against the rough leaves and pointy sticks. The thorns made sharp, red lines against her back, but Sophie was too angry to care. She heard the rustling of leaves behind her, and Biana emerged from the bushes. "Sophie!" Biana said, and pain laced her voice.

"Gonna lie to me more? You obviously find it funny." Sophie responded angrily. "What? I never lied!" Biana defended, and Sophie scoffed. "Fine, what do you call telling someone who obviously has a crush on you that you like them back as a dare?" Sophie hissed, not realizing what she had just said. "Sophie, no! It wasn't a dare, well it was, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true." Biana rambled, the hurt intertwined with her kind voice.

Sophie let a soft silence fall between them as she turned towards Biana from her place in the grass. "Really?" Sophie said quietly, her wide eyes catching the sunlight. "Yeah, Soph. I like you." Biana sat down across from Sophie, mirroring her position as her long, dark hair fell on the grass. It formed a serene scene, two girls staring at each other, vulnerable and broken. "I like you too," Sophie whispered. The sheer panels in Biana's purple blouse reflected the sunlight as she leaned in, her pink lip gloss shining. And then they kissed. Biana held Sophie's face in her hands, and Sophie finally felt free.

BIANA'S POV

The kiss only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity. Sophie pulled away, her cheeks flushed. "I really, really like you." The girl across from her repeated, obviously flustered, and Biana grinned. "I really, really like you too." Biana playfully mocked. "Should we uh...go back?" Sophie smiled, and Biana nodded. "Yeah, probably. What should we tell them about, uh, this?" Biana gestured to Sophie, who was leaning into Biana's arms and looking up at her.

"Well, what is 'this'?" Sophie questioned, and Biana shrugged. "What do you want it to be?" She said, looking down at Sophie. "I want to be with you, Bi," Sophie responded, and Biana nodded again. "I want to be with you too, Soph. But are you okay with what comes with that?" Biana asked, concerned, and Sophie smiled at her. "I'm okay with that."

Biana stood up with Sophie, and they walked together to the front door. Pushing open the small crystal door, they entered the living room. Sophie rushed up the stairs with Biana trailing behind her at a slower pace, both of them talking and chatting until they reached the crystal bedroom. "Hey." Biana's bold but quiet voice bounced off the walls, and Dex and Keefe looked up from the sketchbooks they were drawing in. "Hey. Dare complete?" Keefe teased with a smirk, and Biana gave him a nervous smile with her nod

Keefe noticed Sophie's glare and decided not to pry, turning back to his sketchbook as he asked, "So, who did we say would go next? You guys were gone for like an hour, I forgot." Keefe laughed, sketching a few lines before holding his pencil to his head and examining the portrait. "Actually, I think you were next," Dex spoke up, and Keefe smirked. "Dexy, give me a dare," Keefe flirted, and Dex groaned.

"You know I'm not good at those." He flicked Keefe on the arm, and Keefe feigned offence, clutching his chest in an attempt at looking hurt. "Uh, lick your elbow." Dex came up with after a few seconds, and Keefe groaned. "That's boring," He threw his head back onto the pillow as he complained. "Then you shouldn't have asked me!" Dex smiled at the boy across from him, and Biana turned to Sophie and mirrored Dex's actions.

"That's a weird way of saying you can't lick your elbow." Sophie challenged, and Keefe looked taken aback. "Oh, is that a challenge?" Keefe teased, and he started pulling his arm to his face in an attempt to lick his elbow, and Sophie giggled. They were all laughing, joking, talking, drawing, and everything felt....normal.

a/n: ahh, yall! ive been procrastinating updating this, but!! it's finished!! i really hope you guys liked this story, its been really helpful in my writing skills, and i'm happy you liked it so much! please vote, comment and check out my other fics! i love you guys! -jade

word count: 969 (nice) words