apology

BIANA'S POV

"..hey, wanna play truth or dare?" She grinned, hoping Sophie let her change the subject. "I'm down," Keefe said, not bothering to look up from his sketchbook. Biana nodded, looking up at Dex from her place on the floor. "What about- oh. Nevermind." Sophie said sighing. "What?" Biana asked, always up to play more sleepover games.

"Spin the Bottle. It's a-" Biana's eyes lit up, and she smiled. "I'm assuming you know it? Yeah, I wanted to play, but uhh, they're dating, and we're..." Sophie trailed off, and Biana's cheeks flushed. She watched Sophie's eyes dart to the floor, and she tried to change the subject.

"Anyway, if Linh and Tam or Fi-" It was Sophie's turn to flush as she almost said that Fitz should be here. "If Linh and Tam were here, we could." She snapped quickly. Her eyes frosted over and turned cold as she thought about the boy who threw everything away for his stupid prejudices.

"ANYWAY. Truth or dare?" Keefe laughed, his pencil scratching against the rough paper as he sketched. "Yeah," Biana giggled, trying to brush everything off. "Okay, let's go, Biana, me, Keefe, Dex," Sophie said, pointing at each person as she said their name.

Biana watched Keefe tap Dex on the shoulder and laugh as he-

RING

Everyone's heads turned to look at Sophie, who's back pocket was ringing as she fished out her imparter. She very loudly sighed as she stuffed it back into her pocket, her eyes dulling as her smile fell. "It's Fitz." She said, anger creeping into her monotone voice.

Keefe smirked, "What does he want?" he said, a hint of...concern? seeping into his voice as he responded. "Don't know. I'm not answering." Sophie hissed, the anger in her voice completely audible. "Answer it," Dex spoke up for the first time in hours. "I want to know what he has to say to us."

SOPHIE'S POV

Sophie raised her eyebrows at Dex but nodded and slipped her imparter out of her pocket again, as it was still ringing. She tapped the screen twice, answering the call as Fitz's chiselled face appeared on the screen. "Hi." The boy said, letting a hard silence settle between them before he continued. "We need to talk." "About what?" A harsh voice said from over her shoulder,

Sophie looked up, and Biana was the girl leaning over her shoulder. Her long, dark brown hair fell onto Sophie's collarbones as she leaned over her. Fitz's eyes widened, and he looked taken aback. "Biana. Hi." He said, his eyes softening as he gave her a thin, small smile. "Hey, Avery." She hissed, obviously trying to make him mad. He sighed, his smile faltering as he glared. Biana's scars were visible, the thick, jagged lines on her neck, making her look even angrier.

"So. What did you want to talk to me about?" Sophie asked, breaking the tension between the siblings. "Oh. Um, Biana...." Fitz said awkwardly, and Biana's angry gaze towards him only intensified.

"I'm not leaving." Biana grinned at him as he sighed again. "Fine. I need to talk to...um, Keefe. And Dex." He glared at Biana again. "Yeah. Obviously." Sophie said angrily. She stood up, bringing her Imparter over to the boys who were whispering to each other. She held out her Imparter to Dex, with Keefe laying down behind him.

"Fitz." Dex nodded, the crease between his eyebrows becoming more prominent. Keefe's expression fell as Dex took the imparter from Sophie. "Dex, I'm....I'm sorry," Fitz said, and Sophie thought he looked like he meant it. But it wasn't her apology to accept. "For what?" Keefe said sharply. "I'm sorry for..what I said. I didn't mean it. I.....I'm...sorry." He said the last word quickly as if he really wanted to say something else.

Dex and Keefe were glaring into the imparter, Keefe catching Sophie's eyes to give her an eye roll. "Uh-huh. Sure, Fitz. And who changed your mind about 'what you said,'" Keefe mocked, and Fitz was visibly uncomfortable. "No one. I..uh..I just thought about it for a while and realized how stupid I was being." Fitz said defeatedly, and it did look like he wanted to say something other than the fast stream of apologies and explanations that were spilling out of his mouth.

"Okay. Fine. Apology accepted, I guess. But Fitz, we're not just going to hug and make up. You need to earn your trust back." Dex said, and his voice had lost his edge towards the end. He looked up at Keefe, and he gave the redhead a reluctant nod as he said to Fitz, "Yeah. I forgive you, man. I can't stay mad at you anyway." Keefe grinned at him, his signature smirk painting over his disappointed glare. Sophie walked over to them, the soft carpet brushing against her bare feet as she sat next to Dex, who was still sitting again on his bedframe and settling down on the fluffy rug.

BIANA'S POV

Biana watched Sophie sit down next to Dex, and he gave a small wave to Fitz and hung up the call, giving Sophie a subtle smile. Biana walked over to her friends as Dex passed Sophie her Imparter, and Biana smiled at everyone as she said, "So, he apologized, huh?" Keefe nodded, and his frosty eyes were glazed over as he responded, "Mhm. I'm happy he did, but.......I don't get how it changed so fast, y'know? From 'you're a mistake" to "what I said was a mistake" in an hour." Dex nodded in agreement.

"Yeaah, but I believe him. He sounded really sad when we were talking." Dex sighed, and Sophie walked back over to her bag. "It's getting kind of late. Should we go to bed?" She said, zipping up her purple backpack. "What about truth or dare?" Keefe whined jokingly, and Dex and Sophie sighed in unison. "Oh! I almost forgot." Biana grinned, looking at Sophie and Dex and raising her eyebrows.

Sophie sighed more dramatically, "Fiiiine." She grinned, walking over to the middle of the room, sitting down in the center of the laid out sleeping bags. "Okay, NOW let's go. Biana, me, Keefe, Dex." She giggled, and Biana and Keefe sat on their respective sleeping bags. Keefe looked up at Dex with a wink, and Dex reluctantly moved to the sleeping bag next to Keefe's. "Okay. Let's play." Biana smiled, and Sophie nodded. "Alright. Biana, truth or dare?"

a/n: yall,,,, writing this has really made me realize how the characters have almost no personality?? like im rereading the books rn, and they literally have no distinctive personality besides "keefe tells jokes and fitz is hot" lmaoo, but anyway im rlly proud of this chapter jnfsjsd, i hope you guys like it! please vote and comment; love you guys! -jade

word count: 1085 words