CHAPTER 10

It's been three hours since Myoga came to us informing Sesshomaru and I that Rin was abducted. I felt bad that this wouldn't have happened if Sesshomaru didn't find me. I feel like it's all my fault. But Naraku is still on top of it.

I kept still, feeling the cold hand of Sesshomaru on my waist. I wasn't informed we're this close already. I'm not complaining but this feels- this makes me feel something weird.

"Breathe, woman," Sesshomaru whispered.

My eyes widened; I don't want to hear the word breathe anymore. This is too much humiliation for me. My cheeks started heating up, I can't even think straight anymore. The thought of Sesshomaru always reminding me to breathe makes me want to not breathe at all.

After travelling for hours, we needed to take a rest. Ah-un is following us behind, with Jaken still unconscious. We stopped on a clearing near a village. We have to wait until tomorrow before continuing.

I glanced at Sesshomaru. He's been quiet the entire time. I know he's worried for Rin and if we weren't with him, he won't rest until he finds her. We decided to leave before sunrise. Myoga said that we have to travel for three days.

I sat on a piece of trunk laying on the ground. I can't sleep knowing that Rin is in danger. Who knows what Naraku will do to Rin? She's just a child. "This is so bad," I groaned, covering my face with my palms.

I looked behind me, getting the feeling of being watched. The forest is quiet, I can't feel demons lingering around. I stared at the dark shadows for a long time. If there's a demon in there, I'm dead. I don't have my arrows with me.

I held my breath when Sesshomaru stepped out of the shadows. His hand is dripping in red blood. There's a thud behind him, so I tried to look over his shoulder but he blocked my view.

"What happened?" I asked, staring at his hand.

He splattered the blood from his hands to the ground. He watched me closely, keeping a straight face. "See for yourself," he answered, before walking away.

I looked at the thing behind him and found out it's a small demon. We encountered this one before, from a village where people are getting devoured.

That's a close one.

I sprinted away, following Sesshomaru's trail. He halted for a second, tilting his face to the side. I almost thought he stopped to wait for me. He continued walking when I caught up. "Thank you," I muttered, flashing a genuine smile.

He looked at me before walking ahead, his pace faster than before. I followed him back to the camp. The rest are still asleep. I laid beside Ah Un, watching Sesshomaru jump on a tree branch to rest.

"You're weird," I mumbled before falling asleep.

Three days passed and we are now staring at what seems to be Naraku's base. Sango and the others are also here. A few moments later, Sesshomaru looked at me for a minute. He remained still, making me confused.

As I was about to ask, he flew straight to the giant thing and slashed his way in. Inuyasha followed, leaving Sango, Miroku, and I outside.

We hopped on Kirara and followed Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. There are miasma on every corner, looking like a fog. I dropped down and we decided to part ways so we'll find the Shikon jewel faster.

"Take Kirara, Kagome. She'll protect you," Sango insisted.

Before I can argue, she already left with Miroku. Kirara and I walked side by side. I can feel the shard but it's everywhere. Naraku must have successfully annihilated the jewel.

Minutes of walking made me more anxious. I feel like we're passing the same path over and over again. After a while, we saw Inuyasha wandering. I immediately called him out, but Kirara looked mad.

"What's wrong, Kirara?"

She just hissed at Inuyasha. He slowly turned around and I can notice that he's turned into a mindless demon.

"Inuyasha, snap out of it!" I yelled to him.

His attention went to us, then attacked us in full speed. I hopped on Kirara and we flew away from him. I looked back only to see Inuyasha a meter away. He attacked me with his hand but I dodged, falling off Kirara.

"Find Sango!" I told Kirara. I can't risk her safety, too.

I dodged multiple attacks from Inuyasha but the last one caught me, causing me to fall down a hole. I lost consciousness but woke up to the sound of wailing demons.

I immediately sat up, looking around. Sesshomaru has been fending off demons. I clutched the wound on my shoulder, putting pressure to stop the bleeding.

"How long have you been there?" I asked, helping myself up.

The blood loss is taking its toll on me, but my senses are still high. The Shikon jewel is still everywhere around us. Naraku is doing a great job at deceiving us.

"Let's go," Sesshomaru commanded.

I caught up with him, clutching on his fur. While flying, I saw Rin walking. I was about to tell him but realized that he would have gone for her already if it was real. I looked ahead and prayed that Rin is fine. As well as the others, too. I don't want to lose any of them.

________________

Thank you for all of your votes and comments! I really appreciate your feedbacks 🥺♥️

:)