CHAPTER 2

I stayed with Rin and Jaken until the next two days. We camped in the same place where Sesshomaru left us. He never came back in those two days but Jaken informed me that Sesshomaru said he'll be back in at least three days.

I gave Rin some snacks that Shippo loves, she also tasted one of my ramen noodles. While Jaken said he wanted fish so he often went to the river before meal.

On the third day, while we were having an afternoon nap, I suddenly woke up. My chest tightens every time I breathe and my body felt like being electrocuted. Rin woke up asking me if I'm fine, I said I just had a nightmare but I could still feel the trembling of my hands.

"I thought Lord Sesshomaru will be back in three days?" I asked Jaken while we hang out on the riverside. Rin is sitting by my side while we watch Jaken catch his lunch.

He looked at us before diving in on a fish. He caught it with his two hands while smiling widely. "Lord Sesshomaru does not need to be in a rush. Stop asking, woman!"

The fish wiggled and jumped back on the water. Jaken yelled in frustration while Rin and I laugh at his misery. I froze when my senses caught a presence of jewel shard. My hands automatically reached out for my bow and arrow.

"Jaken, I think there's a demon nearby. It has a jewel shard, take Rin somewhere safe," I commanded, keeping a low voice. The demon must've not determined our location yet.

"But what about you, Lady Kagome?" Rin asked, clutching on my hand.

I smiled and patted her head. "I'll follow you. But I can't let this demon run around with a jewel shard."

She looked at me once more before running to Jaken. They sprinted away to the forest. I prepared an arrow while hiding on a tree. My palms are sweating as I take a deep breath. Its loud footsteps are echoing in the forest.

With one swift move, I went out of my hiding and released the arrow, aiming at the demon. I gasped as the arrow hit its core, disappearing into thin air.

Is that it? I don't think it's that easy...

I went to the jewel shard lying on the ground and placed it inside the bottle of shards hanging on my neck. I surveyed my surroundings and looked down at the big crater on the ground.

My senses caught the presence of a strong demon. I tucked the loose strands of my hair at the back of my ear. I spun around while the wind blows, frozen on my spot as I face a silver-haired dog demon.

"Sesshomaru..." I whispered.

His golden orbs stared down at me. I consciously looked back, while my hands remain on the side of my ear. The wind still blows as we stand in front of each other, not moving an inch. His eyes looked at me with intensity.

"You're here, woman," his cold voice rung on my ears.

I looked at him, confused. The look on his face screamed great relief. His eyes remained stoic but I think softer than his usual expression. He turned around, walking to the direction where Rin and Jaken ran. I took long strides to catch up with him, and remained a few steps behind.

I sighed in relief as I stare on his back. His long silver hair cascading down to his waist. I memorized this beautiful scene where I watch him walk in front of me, beside a river. The weather is beautiful today, I hope it stays like this for a long time.