Chapter Five

Paris © 2012 by L.A Ortiz. All rights reserved 

Chapter Five: 

"Hey, losers," I greeted happily as I stepped inside the living room early the next morning. 

"Morning." 

"Hey." 

"'Ello." 

I leaned against the wall near the door and smirked at Cassie and the guys. 

Cassie was lying on the couch near the fire place - which was on - her hands tucked underneath her head and her knees brought up to her chest with a pink blanket covering her. Her usually stylish blond hair was messy and falling over her slightly pinkish face. 

Hottie was on the floor, in a sleeping bag, and he had his hands clutched together and his hair looked like a bird nest. This made him look better if it weren't for the red nose and pale face. 

Blue, on the other hand, was lying on the other couch, hands tucked behind his head and a blanket covering his body. One of his knees stood up as he was lying with his face towards the roof and he had barely-noticeable pink cheeks (his tan skin made it impossible to see). He was sleeping with his eyes closed and breathing evenly. 

I laughed silently to myself. 

Poor fools. 

I had told them to not play on the snow yesterday but they didn't listen and look at them now. I shook my head before starting to laugh. 

Two gazes instantly turned to me while Blue groaned and turned his face towards the fire place, eyes slowly opening. 

I couldn't stop myself, this was just too funny. I mean, two rich guys and a rich girl both laying in a house somewhere in Canada with blankets over them is just an image that you don't see much nowadays. 

It was funny! 

"What day is it?" Came a sexy yet slightly raspy voice. 

Probably from the cold. 

My head snapped towards Blue and I stared at him for a minute before laughing out loud again. 

His Highness' once stylish dark hair now stood up in different directions and his once blue eyes looked pale blue and tired. He had bags under his eyes and a little drool was falling on the corner of his lips. 

Hil-ari-ous!! 

Suddenly, the house phone rang and I instantly stopped laughing, freezing on my spot on the floor. 

"Answer the damn phone, Paris!" Cassie groaned, closing her ears with her hands. 

"Why?" I dumbly asked. 

Come on! It could be the FBI trying to find me! Give me some cred-!! 

Oh my holy fudging hulk!! 

FBI!! 

"We gotta go!" I panicked, standing up from the floor and disconnecting the phone before turning to Hottie, Blue, and Cassie. 

"What?" Hottie and Blue exclaimed simultaneously. 

Are they twins? 

"We gotta go, buddy," I told them, "Like, pronto! Right now!!" 

"But, why?!" Cassie whined, slowly sitting up from her position. 

"Uh, hello!" I threw my hands in front of me before rubbing my face, "Parent Alert, Cass!" 

"Was that your parents?!" She screeched. 

I winced. So much for being sick. 

"Does it look like I answered the phone?" I asked, holding up the phone cable to show to her. 

She shrugged sheepishly, "No?" 

"Right. I did not so how in the world am I supposed to know?" 

"Tracking?" 

I paused for a minute and went into thinking mode. Tracking? Mhm... I wouldn't know how to do that but my parents sure as hell could. That is if they already hadn't placed a tracking device in my tummy or maybe phone? Or they could've put it in my ea- 

Phone? 

I smacked myself in the head. How could I have forgotten about that? 

Of course only I would forget something like that. Geez. 

"Oh, we really gotta go," I muttered to myself before beginning to head towards my room, "Like right now.

Entering my room, I quickly threw my hair up in a messy ponytail before slipping on a white shirt and a black jacket on top then put on my jeans and slid on my snow boots. After I finished dressing, I quickly slipped a scarf around my neck and started putting three outfits of clothing in my backpack then headed back to the living room. 

I guess Cassie had told the guys about leaving and that I was serious, seeing as how they both had a backpack next to them instead of the suitcase. 

"Hey, Blue, where's your suitcase?" I asked Blue, glancing from him to Hottie to Cassie and back. 

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Blue?" 

Was he stupid? 

"Well, yeah," I replied, my voice sounding like I was talking to a five year old, "Blue. Because when I first met you, you were wearing blue and your eyes are blue." 

"If he's Blue then who am I?" Hottie asked before Blue could say anything else. 

"Stupid," Cassie and I both grinned at him. 

He glared. 

I'd be thirty feet underground with all the glares he's been throwing at me if they could kill. That'll be fun. Not. 

"So, are we going or what?" Blue asked, slipping his hands in his black leather jacket pocket. 

I smiled, "Ladies first." 

He smirked, "Aren't you a lady?" I glared, "Guess not then." 

Still smirking, he pushed past me and went out the door followed by Hottie and Cassie. 

Noticing that they were all out the door, I quickly took out my phone and let it fall on the ground then jumped on it until it cracked and picked it up. Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen from the table at the corner, I quickly scribbled a note for dearest bodyguards for when they arrive here. 

Which, trust me, they will. 

'If you're reading this - bodyguards, whoever you are- then you're too late. Obviously. I mean, tell the parents thanks for the phone but I don't need it anymore. 

Bye, 

Paris. 

P.S: Oh, and watch the floor. If you haven't already. Lots of love! <3' 

Laughing silently to myself, I folded the piece of paper (wrote "Bodyguards" on the front) and neatly put it on the coffee table with the broken phone. I then grabbed the bottle of oil that I had found in the kitchen yesterday night and uncapped it before slowly walking out the door, oil being spilled on the floor as I went along. 

After all the oil ran out, I threw the bottle across the room and closed the door after me. 

Smiling smuggly to myself, I walked towards the awaiting cab - which Cassie must've called - and got in then slammed the door close. 

"Watch it!" 

Surprised, I turned towards the taxi driver, pausing for a minute before I burst out laughing. 

Who knew that a rich guy would someday drive a damn taxi? 

Definitely not me.