Chapter Seven

Paris © 2012 by L.A Ortiz. All rights reserved

Chapter Seven: Chad Myles [Part II]

"You got us lost?!!"

"WHAT!?!"

"Well, I wouldn't exactly say lost, more like... temporarily misplaced?"

Alex, Cassie and I glared at Paris while she - in return - smiled sheepishly.

"Oops?"

"Yeah. Oops," Cassie sighed, "What are we doing now? It's already getting dark."

"We can camp out?"

"With what, Paris?" Alex asked, rolling his eyes, "You told us that we didn't need to bring anything."

"What if we get killed!?!" Cassie yelled, glaring hard at Paris who only shrugged.

"I guess you can leave your will and final wishes to me to pass to your parents?" She semi-asked.

Cassie groaned loudly and muttered, "I knew I shouldn't have come!"

"So, what now then?" I asked, swatting a mosquito away from my face.

What happened, you might ask. I'll tell you in four words.

Paris. Got. Us. Lost.

Yeah, man, you read it right. That girl got us lost after five hours of walking endlessly! If we were walking through the desert from Mexico to Arizona, I'd totally win the 'Chad Myles Getting In Shape While Illegaly Passing The Border' Award.

My parents would literally murder me for that.

Still, I would do it.

Except, I would bring Paris down with me since she did get me into this in the first place. Why didn't I try to run away you might ask? I'm not a damn coward. I don't care if she murdered me, I'd die happy. I disliked my parents with a passion anyways, no one would really miss me if I were gone.

But, I think that - unlike the saying - I was at the right place at the right time. Too bad I was kidnapped instead of killed.

"What are you thinking about, man?"

Startled, I turned around and found Alex leaning against the rock next to me. The girls were a few feets away, bickering which seems to be their everyday routine.

"Nothing," I shrugged at Alex, "Well, actually, I'm wondering how the hell did Paris manage to get us lost when all she kept saying was that we were going North but we ended up in this unknown place. And it's not North at all."

"Well," He chuckled, "Paris was reading the compass wrong."

I swear I heard my neck crack with how quick I turned my head towards him.

I winced.

"She what?!" I hissed, rubbing my neck.

"Yeah," He nodded, putting his hands in his pockets, "It was upside down so we were actually going a different direction. Don't ask which direction 'cause I have no idea how to read the compass after we got lost."

If Alex weren't my best friend, he would be a bear's dinner right about now.

"You idiot!" I smacked him on the head, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because I thought it would be funny. Besides, I was going to tell you guys which way to go back but I got lost with all the circling that Paris did," He replied, rubbing his head.

I glared at him, "You freaking - freaking - idiot!!"

He raised his hands in a defending position and stepped back, "Sorry, man, but blame Paris for it. It wasn't my idea to come here much less did I have it on my list of things-to-do that I wanted to be kidnapped."

"Hey guys! Come join us!!"

Giving him one last glare, I quickly smiled and heading towards Paris and Cassie who were now bumbing against each other, Paris bumping hard into Cassie, sending her into a stack of bushes nearby before bursting out laughing.

"Why are you so happy when we're completely lost?" I asked, approaching her.

She glanced at me, "Because it's soo funny how we managed to get lost so easily!"

I glared at her, "I hope it'll be soo funny when we get killed too."

She threw her head back and burst out laughing. Cassie who had just appeared from the bushes was red in the face and glaring at Paris hard, teeths gritted together.

Now, this would be entertaining.

Slowly stepping away from them, I walked towards where Alex was and watched as Cassie threw herself on Paris and they both went down on the grass with an 'Oof!'. It was amusing how well they get along and how they can have an arguement without getting mad at each other.

That was true friendship right there.

Suddenly, there was a dog growling and both girls sprang up from the ground and ran towards me and Alex. It was already dark so it is kind of scary to hear dogs growling at this time of the day. The only thing that we had was a flashlight but that might run out so we weren't using it for now. Well, unless it's necessary.

Paris pushed me in front of her and said, "If we die, you'll obviously die first. I'll bury you and go on with my life."

I glared at her and muttered, "You should be lucky you're a girl, Paris."

"I told you it was Vie," She hissed quietly, "And I know. You should feel very unlucky for being a guy. Maybe you can change your gender once we get back in the US."

I snorted at her before turning my gaze to a silently-laughing Cassie and a smirking Alex.

They were enjoying this.

I wonder how long that would last. Knowing Alex, as soon as a dog is seen approaching us, he'll freak and run.

He hates dogs.

He didn't hate them because they were ugly or anything, dogs were actually okay, he just hated them because were we lived in the US, he has a neighbor who's a girl our age and she has a dog who tried to bite Alex's head off one time when he tried to hit on the girl. He's hated dogs since then. And that was two years ago.

"Where the hell are we sleeping for tonight?" I asked, Paris, turning my head sideways to look at her after the growling disappeared only to find her biting her lips with her eyes close.

She shrugged, "Cass and I'll take the rock. You and Alex take the ground."

Such a nice person.

"There's no fucking way I'm sleeping on the ground!" Alex complained, "No effing way, man!!!"

"Well, do you want to go look for a house nearby to crash in?" Paris retorded, opening her eyes and glaring at him.

He sighed, "Alright. Whatever."

Cassie and Paris both laid down on the rock nearby, which looked kind of flat and closed their eyes while Alex and I sat down on the ground, crossing our arms over our chest.

"My clothes are designer and look what's been done to them," Alex muttered angrily to himself, looking longly at his designer outfit.

I chuckled at him before quickly covering it into a cough and gave him the most serious expression I could, "It's alright, man. You're loaded anyways."

He glared at me, "It's all because of you, idiot. If you hadn't dragged me with you to that meeting you had in Canada."

Holy shit, I forgot about the meeting with Kaylee!