Chapter 7

He looked so familiar, she just couldn't put her finger on it.

He came over and unlocked the cuffs, picking her up and lowering her to the ground. She was a little wobbly at first, having not been able to use her legs for so long, but quickly regained her strength and followed him out the door.

He opened a door and they entered a heated room, one that wasn't made of ice. It was a bedroom with a large, king-sized bed and a small sitting area in the corner. On the coffee table sat a large spread of manly foods; chicken wings, potato chips, bacon and ribs.

"What? I don't have a girlfriend, so I can have whatever I want in my man cave," he said, noticing her glancing at it.

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry..." she mumbled.

"Don't be, I'm proud of my man cave, it's much better than what I had before."

They sat down on the couch, "So, Sapphire is it? I have a little proposition for you."

"What do you have in mind?" she asked.

"I could help you save Esda, all you have to do is tell me where your sister is," he said, an evil smile spreading across his face, "It's not much of a proposition, so much as a demand. If you can't tell me by the end of next week, you'll be dead."

"Why would you want my sister? She's the reason I'm stuck here," she asked.

"She's the reason I'm here too," he replied, "Scott went after me after she had tried to defeat me, and I ended up here."

She nodded, "So you'll help us?"

A smirk crept across his lips, "Sure thing, let's get you out of here."

They left the room and walked back down the hall to the large cell. He easily uncuffed the others with the help of a key.

Footsteps sounded down the hallway and he motioned for them to be quiet as he leaned against a brick in the wall. A portion of the wall slid open to their dismay and he pulled them through. They stepped out into the cold icy courtyard and bolted to the gate upon the man's command. 

Before any of the guards could see, he hoisted them one by one over the gate. They made a mad dash for the forest, completely out of breath once they were out of sight.

"Where's your sister?" he asked, pushing Sapphire up against a tree.

"S-She's in Brazil with her family," Sapphire stuttered.

He turned to leave, "You didn't really think I would help you, did you?" 

I'm really sorry guys, I'm fresh out of ideas and prompts for this series, and don't think I'll be back to it. Feel free to finish it yourself, and I might just post it, of course giving you full credit.

-Kat