Chapter 3

Priscilla showed them to their rooms, where outfits had been laid out on theirs beds.

Sapphire's room was mostly cream coloured with hints of sapphire blue. On the blue comforter was a gold and white layered ball gown, as well as a pair of thin beige nylons and gold heels. She slipped them on and reached behind her back to do up the zipper.

"Need some help?" Trey's voice sounded from the doorway. She nodded and he zipped it up for her.

"Thanks, babe," she said, kissing his cheek. He looked so handsome in his white and gold suit, similar to her dress.

"Do you think we should've gone along with this?" she asked, hoping that they could back out before the ceremony.

"No, I think we should just go along with it, I mean, it doesn't look like we have any choice. At least ruling a country is better than living with Scott," he said, chuckling.

"But I'm nervous about leading a country in battle," she said, hugging him tighter.

"Relax, Saph, this is what we've been training for our whole lives. I'll be right by your side to protect you the entire time," he said, pulling away from their hug.

She calmed down a bit, realizing that she could do it and she had her five closest friends to help her.

Priscilla entered the room, "The ceremony will start any minute now, follow me down to the reception."

They did as they were told and followed her alongside the others to the event. A man in a black suit ushered them onstage, where they stood behind a podium in a straight line, hands by their seams.

After about an hour of formally dressed men giving speeches about how thrilled they were that the prophecy had been fulfilled, the queen came onstage for the coronation itself. She crowned them each, tapping them on either shoulder with her sceptre. She officially renounced retired and Sapphire, Hunter, Aiden, Trey, Cassiopeia and Zaira were proclaimed co-rulers, as well as the new kings and queens of Esda. The crowd roared as they made their way off the stage to the after party.

The party wasn't much of a party at all, but a formal dinner. The dining hall was decorated in gold and white, just like their outfits and the tables were covered in various expensive looking dishes. The six were seated at one end of the first table, the former Queen at the head surrounded by the teens.

Once they were all seated, the waiters proceeded to bring out large platters of food. As much as the six tried to pace themselves, they devoured the food. Having been starved by Scott, they hadn't eaten before this in a week.

"Eager, aren't we?" the former queen, who they now knew as Wilhelmina, but had insisted they call her Mina.

"Sorry, Mina, were all very hungry from our long journey today," Cassiopeia said, trying to avoid the topic of Scott.

"Well, I guess we should all have the chance to loosen up a bit. After all, this is an after party!" Mina said, scarfing down her food as well. The other guests looked at her with puzzled expressions but soon joined her in gobbling up their food. Sapphire laughed, it wasn't typical to see a room full of royalty eating like pigs. They ended the night with a dance, but a much more modern one than you would picture. They were all musically talented, so Cassiopeia insisted that they perform it all live. All the official looking guests were awkwardly dancing in the centre of the ballroom, but they all had lots of fun.

Several hours later, they returned to their rooms, exhausted. Sapphire slipped on a sheer nightgown and crawled into bed, drifting off to sleep.

That night, Sapphire dreamed of Scott torturing all six of them while their siblings watched, eyes wide in fear but not moving a muscle. They cried out for their siblings to help them, but they remained still, frozen in place.

She woke up screaming. Trey and Hunter rushed into her rooms, worried expressions on their faces.

"What's wrong?" Trey asked, hurrying to her side.

"It's Scott..." she sobbed, "He back and he's going to kill us all!"

Hunter and Trey looked at each other with unsure expressions, but quickly pulled it together and reassured everything would be fine.

"Don't worry Sapphire," Trey said, "He can't get us here, even if he came to Esda, this place is really heavily guarded."

She calmed down at bit, but it didn't erase the fact that there was the possibility of Scott coming. Every time Sapphire had one of these nightmares, something bad was almost guaranteed to happen. The night before they ended up in Esda, she had one of those dreams. That one, however, was the only one to end happily. She thought that Esda might lead to a brighter future, but after tonight, she figured she was wrong.

Realizing her now horrible fate, she sobbed harder into Trey's shoulder until she drifted back off to sleep.

Hey guys, I'm writing on my iPod so it won't be in bold, but this is still an author's note all the same. I'm really sorry this is so short, I've been really busy lately, but hope you liked it all then same!

-Kat