Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Wow Casserole, you've gotten really good at this game."

It was Saturday, 1 week and 6 days till school started. I was with my dad and we were playing on the ps3. He was leaving again tonight, this time he's going to L.A. for 3 important conferences so he won't be back for awhile.

He laughed, "Okay, okay, I get it. You can kick my ass." He put the controller down and headed towards the door of my room, "I gotta go pack Cass. I'll see you at dinner." He called over his shoulder.

I sighed and looked around my room it was practically empty, mom had been cleaning most of it this morning, I think she's more excited about cleaning out my closet and packing more than I am.

I looked back the screen and noticed I had two messages. One from Brian and one from Dean.

What? What's wrong?

Dean said, replying to my message "HELP ME."

I smiled a little, you're kinda too late. I replied back.

Almost instantly he replied back,

:3 sorry, I fell asleep right away.

I noticed.

so what did you need help with?

....nothing. I was bored when you left.

awh (: You missed me.

I smiled when I read this, Shhh, don't tell Brian. I replied.

aha alright. come join the game

I received an invite to join his game and almost instantly...

"CASSSSSSSSSSIE! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Instead of Brian's voice, it was actually Miles, Brian's twin brother.

I heard James laugh whole heartedly, "Good job Miles, You sound just like Brian."

"Where's is he anyway?" I asked, It was strange not having him yell out this feelings for me every 2 seconds.

"Oh he's at band camp." Miles said with a snort, trying not to laugh.

But Dean busted into laughter, "Band? He's in Band? Oh man when he comes back,,," he trailed off as he erupted in laughter once again.

James cleared his throat, "I was in band once, I played the clarinet."

We all went silent and waited for him to continue.

"Ya I shit myself when I tried playing it." He laughed.

Dean busted into another chorus of laughter, "Stop! I can't! I think I might shit myself!"

I giggled, "Do you know what instrument he plays, Miles?" I asked.

"Um... I think he said he plays the Tuba."

I hear something fall on the floor after James gasped, "Holy shit." He said. "I'd give him props for that. He's a man if he plays the damn tuba!"

Dean laughed, "Has anyone been focusing on the game?"

Now that he pointed that out, I hadn't even noticed the game had already started. I was killed 15 times and I didn't even notice. I laughed to myself, It's funny how you just loose yourself when you're having fun.

From the corner of my eye, my mom waltzed into my room, carrying a box full of my things and pulling a luggage bag with her.

"Cassie." She said sternly when she saw me sitting in front of the TV.