Chapter 1

Chapter 1

After playing with the guys for a while I figured out how different they are from each other. I learned that Miles is very... loud. He rages so much and he yells at everyone in

the game, including the ones in his team. His twin, Brian flirts with every girl in the game, too bad there's hardly any so he mostly sticks with me. I learned that James is the oldest one here, he's 21 and everyone else is 16, I'm the youngest, 14. He's really funny and he swears a lot. Dean seems to speak for everyone in the group, it's like he's their leader. He's funny though and he's a lot more nicer than the other.

"So Cassie..." James said clearing his throat before he continued, "...you live around our area?"

"HEY! I CALLED DIBS!" yelled Brian.

"Dibs? You called dibs on me?" I asked, I wasn't that surprised to be honest.

"Yes! I did." Brian said emphasizing the I.

"Calm down little boy, I'm just asking the lady where she lives." James laughed.

"Toronto, Ontario." I answered.

Dean was the one to speak this time, "Oh us too! Except James-."

"Yeah I'm in Texas right now for a business trip." James said, finishing his sentence.

"Nice, Well I have to go guys, Ill talk to you later," I was actually liking their company.

"Bye Beautiful!" I heard Miles laughing in the background of Brian's mic as he yelled it.

I logged off and walked over to my bed to lie down, for once I felt accepted. They're so fun to be around, no matter how much Brian flirts with me. I sighed, this friendship won't last long, just like the others. I'm not saying this to sound conceited but I'm pretty good at gaming, for a girl, some people say too good. All my friendships end in hate, jealousy or betrayal all because I play video games.

I met a group of guys on the same game once, they had the same reaction as everyone else, they were surprised that a girl can be so good at gaming. We all became close, and played together all the time but at one point something ticked one of them off and they started yelling at me for cheating and not being fair. The other guys told him to get over it but he didn't, instead he convinced them that I was just tricking them and i only needed them to get my rankings higher. They wouldn't listen to me, in the end I was left with no friends. I could care less about my ranks; right now I just want friends.

Schools isn't much different, all the girls would never be caught dead talking to me. They think I'm part guy for playing video games and some of them spread rumors about me that were so mean I stayed in my room for a week crying my eyes out. The only guys who talk to me in school are the gamer kids, most of them are considered losers but they're the closest thing I have to "Friends". Other guys don't really talk to me, they don't notice me. How could they? I wear glasses that look way too big on me and dull blonde hair. I'm a jeans and shirts kind of girl but guys want girl with tights, short skirts and short shorts.

There was a light knock at my door, "Come in." I called.

"Hey Casserole." She smiled, walking over to my queen sized bed, filled with neon colors from my sheets.

My mom is very beautiful, i wish i had her long dark brown hair and her pretty eyes, her eyes i loved the most, when I was little I used to think it changed color from blue to grey. As for me, I have pale green eyes. I got all my features from my Dad who's in British Columbia for a business trip so it's just me and my mom right now.

"Cassie, I know you've been having a hard time fitting in at school..."

I sat up and crossed my legs to face her, where was she going with this?