What could go wrong?

It was another gloomy day in Gotham, but then again when isn't it? You sat on your couch debating which trashy dating show would be more entertaining. You ended up watching "The One", it revolved around a wealthy bachelor choosing from ten contestants, the bachelor would eliminate a contestant each episode until there were only two left. From there they'd go on a series of dates to decide who was "the one".

 You vaguely remembered hearing about Oliver Queen being on the show at some point. You read some articles about him ending up with some sort of singer, Dinah Lance, or something. You didn't really remember, but what does it matter, these shows are all fake anyway. Just a bunch of rich people making rich directors richer.

Your train of thought was interrupted by a knocking at your door, "hey (Y/N)! Come get your mail! Somebody sent you a real official-looking package!" you recognize the voice of your landlord calling out.

 "Yeah, yeah, I'll be down in a sec and grab it," you yelled, pausing the TV and scanning the room for something more presentable to wear than your pajamas. You found a hoodie and jeans that seem fine and threw them on. As much as you wouldn't mind grabbing your mail in a matching set of batman pajamas you knew your landlord would never let you hear the end of it.

Once you'd thoroughly prepared yourself, you opened your apartment door and headed towards the stairs. Even though there's an elevator in the building you only lived on the second floor so it's simpler just to take the stairs. Plus you could grab your mail right at the bottom of the stairs with minimal human contact which was nice. Once you'd made it to the bottom of the steps you grabbed your mail with ease and turned right back around to head back up.

You stared at the package your landlord was talking about as you walked back up the stairs, he was right, it did look very official. The package was neat, it was also roughly the size of a ring box. The label on the box looked professional too, with little silver vines bordering all the shipping information. You didn't recognize the shipping address but a quick internet search before you opened it would be enough to calm your nerves. The last thing you wanted was to be part of some loonie's hostage situation.

Once you'd finally returned to the safety of your apartment you set the package on the kitchen counter and went to grab your phone from the living room. Bringing it back to the kitchen you typed the shipping address on the box into your phone's search engine. After a couple of seconds of research to make sure this box was safe to open you concluded it was from some sort of TV company. Still a little sketchy, but you decide to open it anyways.

Opening the box you found another, smaller, velvety black ring box with a note attached to it. The note read "Congratulations (Y/N)! You're the one!" You immediately understood what was happening and you picked up your phone again and started typing to your friend Stephanie.

"DID YOU SIGN ME UP FOR ANOTHER DATING SHOW??"

Right as Stephanie read your text she called you. As unenthusiastic as you where about phonecalls there where bigger problems right now. Picking up the phone Stephanie started talking "sooo, did you get in?" she said smugly, already knowing the answer.

"No shit sherlock, what the hell is wrong with you? I'm not gonna be on a dating show!"

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! Just imagine all the publicity you'll get," you could practically hear the smug look on her face.

"Since when do I need publicity? Who's the bachelor this season anyway? What dashing millionaire enticed you into doing this?"

"That's the best part!" Stephanie practically yelled through the phone, "it's Gotham's one and only!"