Confrontation

"Excuse me?" Bruce asked turning to you,

"I'm not an idiot," you said still drowsy and maybe a little tipsy from the wine from dinner. "I remember putting that bandage on your face in the morning. Really really early in the morning at that,"

"It seems like you had a little too much wine with dinner," He said trying to laugh it off.

"That may be, but that doesn't change the fact that there aren't any cats around here," your thoughts were words within seconds, "Dick took Damian and Alfred the cat with him a couple days ago, and I didn't find anything even hinting at a cat being in the garden,"

"Ok, I'll tell you how I got the scratches but I'm sure you didn't bandage them for me," he almost had a joking tone to his voice. "It's a little embarrassing but I cut myself shaving this morning,"

"I don't believe you," you said with a stern look on your face. "In fact, I probably won't belive you until I have you and Batman in the same room,"

"What's Batman got to do with this?" Bruce furrowed his eyebrows, "did you bandage up Batman? In the manor?"

"Yes!" You said confidently "but you already knew that because you're Batman,"

At this Bruce let out a hearty laugh, "me? Batman?" He said pointing to himself, "It wouldn't be the first time someone's said that but it still gets me every time,"

He was convincing, that was for damn sure. But there were too many similarities for you to let it go, you didn't want to just jab him in the side to prove your point but it was a tempting option at this point. "Just because you can act convincing doesn't mean I believe you," You said crossing your arms. "If you want to prove you're not Batman, take off your shirt,"

"Strange plan to get me to take my shirt off,"

"No, I'd be more clever if I wanted that," you said, "this morning I had to bandage a nasty gash in Batman's side, no way you could cover that up good enough,"

Bruce stood up, he held a hand out to you, "I want to show you something,"

You took Bruce's hand. In your mind, there were two options, either you were right and Bruce Wayne was Batman. Or you were wrong and Bruce Wayne secretly hated Batman and he was about to interrogate you about your connections to Batman. You were hoping for the former as you followed bruce through the halls.

It was late at night, later than you'd realized. You glimpsed stars through passing windows which made you realize just how far away from Gotham you really were. There was barely any light pollution out here and you wondered if you could get onto the roof somehow. You distracted yourself with fanciful thoughts of stargazing as you followed Bruce through the halls.

Maybe he was leading you to the door, maybe he was just rejecting you. That wouldn't be pleasant, but you'd just passed the main door and Bruce didn't even pause, so it was an unlikely option. Maybe he was going to kill you, murders weren't uncommon in Gotham especially among those who could afford to cover them up. But you took solace in the fact that cameras swarmed the manor for most of the week, and they were very interested in everything that happened.