Chapter 6

-: Chapter 6:-

"Shit, shit, shit." Sophia kept cursing to herself as we sped through the streets, trying to get rid of the cops. "If I get a speeding ticket, you guys are paying every damn penny!"

Jaspar rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah...hide from the men in blue first, worry about tickets later."

"Well, where the fuck do you suppose I go?" the amount of curses I've heard in the past five minutes was enough to make any religious old lady have a heart attack. Twice.

"Crystal's house." Jaspar said without missing a beat.

"What? No! They already know where I live because of last night. It'll only be more suspicious." I pointed out, my arms crossed.

"Okay, then where do you suppose we go?" Jaspar's dark hair was ten times messier now than it was last night. Not going to lie, it was attractive as hell. But don't tell anyone I said that.

"Sophia's." I shrugged.

"What?!" the blonde squeaked, nearly crashing the car.

"Fuck." Jas swore as he fell over in the back seat. Of course he didn't have a seatbelt on.

"C'mon Soph," I tried to persuade her. "It's only until the cops stop looking for him."

She looked back in the rear-view mirror at the messy boy who was the most unlikely thief to have walked this earth. "You guys owe me big time for this." She said after what felt like an eternity of silence. She turned into a small alley and began driving towards her house, using as many back roads and hidden alleys possible to avoid being seen.

I looked back at Jas to find him looking out the window with a small, sad smile. "Thank you." He said in a tiny voice, barely audible. Though by the smile that took on Sophia's features, I knew she heard him too.

"You're welcome." She whispered back.

By the time we reached Sophia's house, the police had long lost sight of us.

The Herondale household was, to put it simply, clustered.  It was three floors and may look grand, but add a family of nine children, a single mom (who also happened to be an alcoholic that could barely function right), and one paranoid aunt, and you've got yourself a heaping bowl of the chaotic Herondale family on a daily basis.

Sophia cut the engine once she parked in the driveway. Almost immediately after she stepped out of the vehicle, two of her younger siblings attacked her in hugs. I recognized them as the twins, Daphne and Lilly.

"Sophia, you're back!" they exclaimed, eagerly. When they saw me getting out of the passenger side, their smiles got wider. "Cryssie!" Lilly ran over to me, giving me a massive hug. They acted like they haven't seen either of us for months, when in fact I saw them just last week.

"Hey, squirt." I picked her up. "Miss me?"

The girls' smiles faltered a little as their big blue eyes saw Jaspar struggling his way out of the car.

"Who's that?" I heard Daphne whisper rather loudly to her older sister.

Before Sophia could answer, Lilly asked another question, much louder than her twin sister. "Is that your boyfriend Sophia?"

I burst into laughter and so did Jaspar, now finally out of the car with his duffle bag over his shoulder.

"No, no, no, no." Sophia said with nervousness lacing her tone. "That's Jaspar, Crystal's boyfriend." She 'clarified' with a smirk.

I nearly choked on my own spit. "What?!"

Jaspar didn't even deny it, he just laughed even harder.