Chapter 11

-: Chapter 11 :-

Monday had come, and I was nervous as heck.

Why? Well, let's see:

I was now Seth's new girlfriend

Jaspar was still really injured and has that science test

I was now Seth's new girlfriend!

This meant that I was going to be watched by the entire student body whereas before I could hold up neon signs claiming I existed and people still wouldn't look at me twice.

It wasn't that I was obsessed with looking good or getting popular or any of that bullshit, I just didn't think I could get used to being stared at and talked about. I didn't like either. But it was bound to happen today. Actually, I'm completely sure it was going to happen today.

I lazily did my morning routine with a feeling of dread weighing me down even more.

Katherine was still sleeping and Dad was sipping coffee when I kissed his cheek on my way out the door.

I was surprised to see Sophia's purple Challenger in front of my house. I was even more surprised to see Jaspar in the backseat along with Tommy.

Before I could say anything, Sophia lowered down her window and said, in her most horrible impersonation of Regina George, "Get in loser, we're getting an education."

Tommy and Jaspar were discussing an indie band I hadn't heard of, called Mindless Machine. Apparently they were so underground, the band members' families didn't even know about it.

I sat in the passenger seat and immediately lowered the volume of the blasting music.

"Buzzkill," I heard Soph mutter as she adjusted the volume back to where it was before.

"So what's the big deal?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" she hummed.

"Well, you never pick me up for school because, and I'm quoting here, 'I'm a lazy bum who can get my own ass to school.' And now you've got Jaspar here too! So what is this gracious event Soph?"

Sophia pursed her lips as she stopped at a red light. "Is it so bad that I just wanted to give my dear friends a ride to school?"

"This is about Seth now, isn't it?"

The blonde looked scandalized. "What? No! Maybe I just really want to offer you a ride to school." She laughed nervously.

I rose a brow in question. She looked from me to the now green light and back with a sigh. "Okay, fine. But that's only a side note."

"I knew it." I muttered under my breath. "But seriously, Soph. I'm sixteen. I think I can do things on my own."

At that moment, Jaspar leaned forward between Sophia and I to participate in our conversation. "Well, to be fair Crystal, this is high school, or as most would like to call it: hell on earth. When the news about this latest news hits everyone's already gossip-filled ears, they'll go ballistic."

And boy, was Jaspar right.

The word about Seth and I dating got around fast, and I mean fast.

People I didn't even know went to this school were staring at me whilst whispering. Everyone all of a sudden was interested in everything about me. Well, not just me per se, but me and Seth. Mostly Seth, actually, I'm not going to lie.

People wanted to know the hows, the whens, and especially the whys. Oh the whys, how they never seemed to end.

Why on earth would someone like Seth Clifford go out with someone like me, Crystal Greene?