Chapter 7

-: Chapter 7:-

Weeks had passed since that day at Sophia's house. Ever since then, not much happened, other than Jaspar occasionally eating lunch with Soph and I.

He would've hung out with us every day, but he claimed "I got shit to do. Besides, people might think we're dating and we can't let that happen, now can we?"

I obviously didn't want that to happen, especially now since Seth Clifford was finally starting to pay me some attention after six years of attending school together.

Now, before you think I'm some giggly girl with a massive, slightly obsessive, crush who's waiting to be rescued by her "knight in shining armor", and writes our initials in cute little hearts all over notebooks and desks, who dreams of our oh so perfect marriage...I'm nothing like that. I simply acknowledge the fact that Seth Clifford is attractive, and a cool person to hang out with...and maybe kiss a little, but that's beside the point.

He said "Hey" to me a total of five times, all of which was while I was walking by him in the hallway. Twice, he asked me how I was doing. Both times, I said "good."

It always seemed like he wanted to ask me something, but he'd always walk away before I could ask what it was. I just wish he'd hurry up and tell me because I don't have time to wait around for him. I've already convinced myself, multiple times, that anything happening between Seth and I was highly unlikely so there really was no point in expecting him to, I don't know, ask me out or anything.

I hadn't even expected him to come talk to me, period. But there I was, leaning against my locker, having a small, much unexpected conversation with Seth, himself.

Surprisingly, it wasn't too awkward. Mostly since I've managed to control my pounding heart and fuzzy thoughts. It was small talk at first. "How was your day so far?" "Can you believe the weather?!" "What do you plan on doing for summer?" All of these were little sidetracks from the main thing he wanted to tell me.

It was driving me crazy that he was stalling. Why couldn't he just spit it out? Though I wanted to tell him this, I knew it would be rude.

So we spoke about absolute nonsense for what felt like forever and I was perfectly okay with that. As soon as I was about to tell him that I needed to go, since Jas and Soph were both waiting for me at the end of the hall, he began to say bye, but quickly stopped himself.

"What is it?" Was he finally going to speak his mind? Unwillingly, my stomach did a little back-flip into what I could only describe as my doom.

Seth scratched the back of his neck nervously, which I found was the cutest gesture ever, though Jaspar did it all the time.

But Jaspar is...just Jaspar. And Seth is...well Seth. It didn't make sense, but it did.

"Are you free this Friday?" he asked me.

Being the uber smart human being that I am. I stopped breathing altogether. Was Seth Clifford, the Seth Clifford, asking me out? Me? Crystal Greene, the girl who's known for...well nothing. I barely exist.

"I...uh..." What in the world am I supposed to say? How does one respond to these sort of things?

"We can skip school together, go hang out in a park or something?" his blue eyes were pleading but I needed to think this through.

First of all, was this even real life? Or was it a dream where I say yes and then wake up to find out that nothing has changed? Am I being punk'd? What the fuck is going on?

Secondly, skip school? But, I've never done anything like that. Won't we get caught?

Great, I hadn't even answered him yet and I was already over-thinking things.