asking out - 501st

━━━ ⋅⋆。˚.*.✧.*.˚。⋆⋅ ━━━

- Rex -

Ever since meeting Rex, you worked alongside him more often. The Captain would always be nervous yet happy to see you. Anakin seemed to notice this, as he would tease his Captain, and smirk at the two of you. Working together for a couple of months, you two grew closer. Whenever you saw him you would try to be where he was. Even though you knew it was against his code and yours, you had started to develop feelings for him. Also being a rear-admiral was a reputation you needed to uphold, especially for your father's sake. Your father wanted you to go on a mission with Anakin. Throughout the mission, you and Rex were together the whole time. Anakin took note of this and pulled his captain aside. "Sir?" Rex asked. "I've seen, and felt the way you feel for the rear-admiral, Rex,'' Anakin admitted. Rex felt a shock of fear run through his body. He knew he wasn't supposed to have these feelings, and it plagued him. "I-I don't know what you are talking about sir." Rex insisted. Anakin felt the sudden spark of emotion through The Force from Rex. "Captain," Anakin bellowed. Rex shook his head and was glad he had his helmet on. He thought you were very attractive and loved being around you, although he knew something between the two of you could never happen. Rex was getting agitated by Anakin's presence. "Sir," Rex grunted out to his superior. He was not having this conversation with Anakin. Rex began to walk out when Anakin spoke out softly. "It's okay. I understand having those feelings, Rex...Just ask them out." Anakin admitted, knowing exactly how Rex felt, even though Rex didn't know that yet. Rex froze for a moment but pushed forward out into the bridge of the small ship. The mission was going great until one of the ship's reactors exploded. Thankfully, there were some escape pods. Quickly you entered one with Rex. Rex waited for Anakin, who then told him to leave, and he would go in another pod. Rex knew what he's doing, and hated him at that moment for it. Shutting the pod door, the pod escaped, and you both looked back at the burning ship. Still shaken from the fast motion of events, you and Rex were silent for a while. Rex was thinking about what Anakin had said. Rex didn't think it was possible for you to be interested in someone like him. More minutes went by when Rex thought Kriff it. "Y/n, I need to ask you something." Rex nervously spoke out. You had taken note that he called you by your name, not rank. "Yes, Rex?" You answered. "I-I know...I know it's against protocol, but if we survive this, want to go get drinks maybe? You don't have to of course-" He stammered out before you interrupted him. "Of course, Rex." You smiled at him. His face was evident with surprise but hidden by his visor. "Really?" He questioned aloud. "Yes, I've developed...feelings for you, captain." You admitted. "Me too, admiral." Your cheeks were red, and so were Rex's behind his helmet. "It's rear-admiral." You corrected, causing both of you to chuckle.

- Kix -

Ever since your last encounter with Kix, you became a bigger blushing mess when he was around. Kix was a confident man, and he began to talk to you more when in the medbay. One day during your guy's break, Kix came and sat next to you. "Hey, Kix," You said while looking over some files. "Hey, Y/n. What ya doing?" He chirped. "Just looking over some files." You stated, deep in thought, also to try and hide your blush. Kix just watched you once more. You found he did that a lot actually, which made you nervous. Breaking the silence Kix spoke out. "Go out with me, Y/n." Your eyes went wide. Looking up from your datapad, you saw a smirking Kix. "I'm sorry what?" You asked, not believing what you had just heard. "I said, go out with me." You stared at him wide-eyed for a moment, and Kix began to doubt himself. He was about to explain when you spoke up. "I never thought you'd say that." You admitted. Kix was surprised. "So you will go out with me?" He asked. "Of course Kix!" You smiled widely. The two of you spent the rest of the break talking, but man you were excited.