Chapter Two Hobbit Life

Around 30 years later...

This year was Bilbo Baggins 111 big birthday celebration. And it was going to be a grand event. Bella had been helping Bilbo and Frodo prepare and keep an eye out for the Sackville Baggins. Bella had sort of been accepted by the hobbits, though everyone knew she was an elf. She was 6 foot tall and towered over all of them. But Frodo and Bilbo loved her like family and so most other hobbits did as well. But that didn't stop the nasty rumors and gossip Bella would hear behind her back. The hobbits forgot how good an elf''s hearing was. She knew she wasn't a hobbit, but she felt at home here. She would ask Bilbo about her parents when she was younger, but he would only say she would know when she was older. Well she certainly was old enough now and she still didn't know. She asked Frodo about it but all he remembered was waking up one night and Bilbo was holding his new sister. Frodo thought Gandalf knew something but he hadn't been seen in a long while and Bella knew he wouldn't miss Bilbo's birthday, so she was determined to ask the wizard today who her parents were after all. She had been helping Bilbo all morning but needed an escape from the birthday planning. She knew Bilbo was up to something. He kept looking at old maps when he though Bella or Frodo weren't paying attention but they had caught him doing so. Bella figured he wanted to see the dwarves again, but she wasn't sure how he could in his old age.
"Frodo! Where is he?" She heard Bilbo yell around the house.
"I'll go look for him. I think he left," Bella said, dying for something else to do.
"Very well then. Don't go too far," Bilbo said as she looked down at him.
"Don't worry Bilbo I won't," she smiled.
"You know it's hard to think I was bigger than you once," Bilbo smiled back.
"You'll always have a big heart," Bella said as she kissed Bilbo on the cheek and left. Bilbo smiled as he watched her go.
"Maybe I should tell her," Bilbo muttered quietly as he heard the door shut.

Bella ran out of Bag End as she waved to Sam who was working on the garden. She thought he was a good hobbit.
She wandered for a while before an apple was thrown at her. Bella turned around as she saw Merry and Pippin.
"Okay who threw it?" She asked as Pippin pointed at Merry.
"Pippin," Bella teasingly said as she titled her head.
"What? Figured you might need second breakfast," Pippin said.
"Have you two seen Frodo? Bilbo was looking for him," Bella said. They shook their heads. Even though they were just cousins, Bella thought they looked like twins.
"Maybe you could help me find him?" Bella asked.
"Only if you answer a question," Pippin said.
"And what's that?"
"Are there really going to be big fireworks tonight?" He asked gleefully. Bella raised an eyebrow she wasn't sure what they were up to now.
"Yes. Bilbo's got a big surprise for everyone," Bella said.
"What is it?" Merry asked. Bella started to walk ahead of them.
"Maybe if you help me find Frodo I'll tell you," she smiled. Merry and Pippin shared a look.
"Fine." Merry started walking behind Bella but then took off at a run.
"Race you to the woods! He's probably there!" Merry yelled as Bella raced after him and Pippin behind her.

Bella easily caught up to Merry with her elf legs, but tried to let Merry have a decent race since he was so much smaller. Pippin ran up behind her and tackled Bella to the ground to help Merry win.
"Ah hobbit attack!" Bella laughed as Pippin started a tickle fight. Merry joined in and fell on top of Pippin and Bella.