Friends

Pic on the side is Crys.

—------------------------------

After that incident at Raven's party Jared and I have become closer.Closer?Who am I kidding?But we definitely talk way more than before.Ok.I talk.But he's way more responsive.Once or twice I've also seen the rare Jared Hayden smile.

Ok.I'm totally crushing on him right now.But in my defense,so is the rest of Rosewood High.Jared Hayden has totally escalated from loner to school hottie.April is relentless.Despite several efforts where Jared has turned her down quite bluntly,she's convinced he'll come around.

We were sitting in the cafeteria.April droned on and on about how gorgeous guys are snobs."But you know what,Lyn?There is always that one special girl who alters the equation..."she sighed dreamily.Right.She called me Lyn.Classic April.Why follow others when you can be "April".God.Shut up.Just shut up.

"Oh there comes the nerd."She muttered.

"Don't call her that.Crys is my friend.Yours too."I told her.

"Holy shit Lyn!"

I looked up to see Crys standing beside my chair.With her stood Jared.Wait what?! Jared!!

"Hi guys!"Crys smiled."I invited Jared to sit with us.Guys,this is Jared Hayden.Jared,these are my friends.You already know Eve and April."

Our table looked at the two of them.April was the first to recover.

"Jared!!"She called in a sugar-coated voice."Come and sit here"She said,patting at the empty chair beside her.

Great.April was like a woman on a mission.Just great.

Before anybody could respond,Crys spoke up:"Actually,why don't I sit there today?Jared can sit at my usual seat."

April's obvious protest was cut off by a simple:"I'd like that."And Jared slid into the empty chair beside me.

I tried to look at my food.I was feeling-nervous?No.Uncomfortable was the right word.Suddenly I realized I've been stuffing my face with food.Oh god.Now Jared thinks I eat like a..

My personal conversation was interrupted when Jared's hand touched mine.Accident,pure accident.But for me it was like the world stopped.I stared into his eyes-it was like magnet,the pull,the irresistible urge to keep looking at him-mesmerised.And the fact that he stared back didn't help.His expression was unreadable-stoic.But then,when is Jared not stoic?

The shrill bell brought me back to my senses.I looked down,looking everywhere else but at him.

Jared glanced towards the cafeteria door and left without a word.

I was walking to class when Crys joined me.

"So......"She began.

"Huh?"

"So when are you going to thank me?"

"Thank you for what?"

"Umm..I don't know..Bringing Jared Hayden to lunch.Introducing you?"

"Oh please,we have class together.I already know him."

"Sure you do.You lend him a pencil almost every week."Crys rolled her eyes."Saving him from she-devil's desperate clutches?You owe me Lyn!"

"Ohh that..I love you Crys.You always know what to do."I smiled.

"Yeah well..Its kinda my job description as your best friend.Picking up your mess,pushing you in the right direction,setting you up with random hot guys..".She looked at me and we both started laughing.