𝐈𝐗. LIGHTNING BOLT SCAR

CHAPTER NINELIGHTNING BOLT SCAR

CHAPTER NINE
LIGHTNING BOLT SCAR

§ § §

somewhere in the forest

"Harry, I know you're scared, but you have to calm down-"

"Calm down?" Harry whirled around to look at Hermione. "You want me to calm down? No way, we left her, Hermione! My sister! We left her and she could be dead right now for all I know."

Hermione looked down, and Harry saw some tears fall from her eyes. "Harry, I know. You're not the only one who cares about her, she's my best friend. But I couldn't risk the three of us stopping there, and I knew that she knows how to fend for herself."

Harry studied his friend and felt like he was seeing a whole new person as he shook his head. "No. No, that's not it. You left her, and that was your plan all along."

When Hermione didn't answer, Harry knew his guess was correct.

"You left her because of the prophecy, didn't you? You didn't want her turning bad while she was with us, so you left her."

Taking a deep breath, Hermione finally looked up at Harry. "Harry... if she went to You Know Who's side after being with us for majority of the mission, she'd know all our plans. She'd know the Horcruxes we have and don't and that... that would be bad, Harry."

He just shook his head and dropped down on the bed next to her. "She's my sister, Hermione. She's the only family I've got left."

Hermione grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. "And she'll come back, Harry. She's good at heart. And the prophecy said that two can't survive while the other lives, so maybe she'll join our side again! And then the two of you can defeat You Know Who."

In the moments that followed, the only sounds that could be heard were the nature ones from outside the tent, the snores from Ron as he slept off the pain from his splinched arm, and the dull chatter from the radio next to his bed.

Eventually Harry let out a long sigh.

"Yeah. Maybe."

malfoy manor

"Giovanna Potter," Voldemort's bone-chilling voice echoed int he otherwise silent room. "Tell me... why are you here?"

I glared at him and struggled against the Death Eaters holding me still. "Well I'll tell you right now none of your minions captured me, that's for sure. They haven't got the brains for that. I came here on my own will."