Chapter Twelve

Heechul's POV:

Hea and I spent the next two and a half months bonding and trying to help her stop fearing her life as a wife and mother. Even though Hyunseong was reluctant about it at first, I started going over to the house to spend time with all of them, to try to help her bond with the kids and even him as much as I could. It wasn't easy, but I was doing the best I could.

In May, Hyunseong wasn't around as much. He was working on a single with the rest of Boyfriend. Personally I thought it was good for both Hea and Hyunseong that he was actually working on music with his group again. The way Starship was leaving them without answers wasn't right. It wasn't good for the guys' state of mind. Their contracts were officially up within the month, and the company hadn't decided anything with them. Not to mention, it was a necessary break that both Hea and Hyunseong needed from each other. They had basically been home with each other for nearly five months since she'd come home from the hospital. Both of them needed a little space to be able to think more clearly sometimes.

Right around the time Boyfriend's contract with Starship should've expired, they released a new single. It was a nice song. The kind of song I'd produce for myself, honestly. The boys did great and I could see how proud my sister was of all six of them. Watching her gush over how proud of she was, it was easy to see why the guys had always told me why they thought she was a nice kid. She really did care wholeheartedly for these boys, but it was clear her heart belonged to Hyunseong.

"Hea?" I called her into the dining room from the living room, where the seven of them were celebrating the release of the song.

"Yeah?" she replied, coming to me, and taking little Yeona from the playpen because she was crying.

"You look after Donghyun and the others almost as if they're you're children. You know that, right?" I asked her.

"No, I don't," she denied it.

"Yeah, you do. I was just watching you do it from in here. The way you gush over the them, praising their work, that's how parents treat their kids when they achieve something," I told her.

"They're my friends, Heechul," she countered.

"It's clear that your heart belongs to Hyunseong when I watch the seven of you, but you treat them as if they're you're children... which, considering the other five are all rumored to be pranksters and jokesters, I don't blame you, but it's the truth."

"It's not a rumor."

"Even the Mirror Prince?" I asked, surprised.

"Even the Mirror Prince," she confirmed.

"Yet, you managed to keep the six of them safe for three years, even when touring?"

"Of course I did."

"Well, if you acted like you did now back then, you were mothering these boys, Hea."

"I was not."

"Let's find out," I said, smirking at her, walking into the living room, Hea following behind me. "Boys, settle a dispute between siblings, will you?"

"What is it, Heechul?" Hyunseong asked, frustrated.

"I was just watching the way Hea was behaving with you. Has she always acted like that with you?"

"Pretty much," Min Woo said.

"Yeah," Youngmin said.

"She always made us feel comfortable and like we could be ourselves with her," Jeongmin replied.

"Why?" Kwangmin asked, while Donghyun just watched me.

"Have you ever noticed similarities in the way Hea acts, and say, your eommas?"