Chapter Six

The end of the BigBang tour came so quickly, and before I knew it, BigBang were coming with me and Hyunseong, who had met me before the last concert in Hong Kong, to see Jackson's family. They had insisted that they host them for a night before BigBang returned to Korea. After they left, we spent most of the two weeks with the Wangs. The Wangs fell in love with Hyunseong even faster than I did. It was clear they felt that he was a good man and were happy the two of us found each other.

At the end of the first week we were there, they threw us a party, inviting some of the extended family, as well as some of mine and Jackson's old friends from school. Included in those old friends was the guy I was dating when I graduated from the international school. When I saw him I groaned. Hyunseong noticed, but he was already making his way over to us.

"It's been a long time, Hea," he said, hugging me before shaking Hyunseong's hand. "When I got the invitation to the party, I thought it was a joke. But then my mother talked to Mrs. Wang and sure enough... Kim Hea's gotten married!"

"That I have," I said to him with a smile before turning to Hyunseong. "Shim Hyunseong, I want you to meet Yu Aaron. We..."

"I'm her ex-boyfriend," Aaron cut me off and I glared at him, which Hyunseong noticed.

"Is something going on I should know about?" Hyunseong asked.

"I'm just a little in shock, that's all," Aaron said. "Considering Hea swore she'd never get married."

"People change, Aaron," I replied. "It's been nine years since we broke up. Are you still mad that I broke up with you because you dared to bring up the idea of having a family? I was 19."

"I didn't know you could change your mind so fast, Hea," he said to me. "Is it because you grew up or because you dated up?"

"Wait a second," Hyunseong stopped him. "I don't like you implying our relationship is based on something other than love and respect."

"Isn't it?" Aaron dared Hyunseong.

"Stop it, Aaron," I interfered. "I've known Hyunseong a long time. Since before he debuted as an idol. Our relationship has nothing to do with his status. I love him. If I was the type of person you thought I was, I wouldn't be with him. I work for G-Dragon. Do you think I would have stayed with Hyunseong if I was that shallow person you think I became?"

Aaron looked like I'd kicked him.

"So, what does he have that I didn't, Hea?" Aaron asked.

"A heart, for one, Aaron," I replied. "How dare you come in here and imply those things? You know I've never cared about things like money. You know my mother has money, but it doesn't buy happiness. You knew why I lived with the Wangs for so many years, so you knew why I never wanted to get married and have my own family..."

"So, then, why are you married?" he asked in a pathetic voice. "I thought you were going through a phase when you went back to Korea and you'd come back to Hong Kong. But you never did."

"I'm married, because even though I fell in love one other time before Hyunseong, and had my heart broken, he found a way in when I wasn't looking for it. Hyunseong's been my rock and my friend for years now, no matter what. Whether I needed someone to talk to, or just someone to lean on, he's been that for me. And I realized right after I gave my notice, to leave his group and to go work with G-Dragon, Aaron. I haven't regretted giving him a chance once," I replied. "He doesn't try to tell me what to do or where I can go. He understands that I have my passions and he has his. We each have our own lives, but we're there for each other in any way we can be. That's why his group finished recording their next single early so he could be here with me when I came back to visit. I wanted to introduce him to Mom and Pop. He's that important to me, Aaron."