02-Gulf's Life

The tall boy is in his small old apartment sitting down with his laptop that he got as a gift from his friend on his knees sending his resume to every available offer he finds online.

Gulf is a very poor student who worked so hard to finish his studies and finally graduated from university as a software engineer, he was always the top student, no, it's more like he made sure to always stay at the top to get scholarship to be able to finish studying.

Since he was a child he have been suffering because of his parents, they actually divorced when he was only 8 years old and he was taken by his father who moved to live in Nonthaburi, he stayed with him for about 4 years or to be more accurate, the little kid lived almost alone at his father's place who comes back twice a week and whenever he did he was dead drunk and sometimes would even physically and verbally abuse the poor boy who ends up with bruises and puffy eyes from crying the next day.

When his father decided to get married again, he kicked out his son sending him to his mother's place back in Bangkok, Gulf was actually relieved since he loved his mother more in the first place but was completely shocked to find that his mother already has a lover, she was angry that her ex-husband pushed the kid at her but she couldn't do anything about it but to accept him.

His mother's place was small, having only one tiny bedroom, a tiny living room facing the kitchen and a small bathroom, Gulf had to sleep in the living room, even though the 12 years kid was shocked about his mother's lover, had hard time adapting to his school and surrounding but was still very happy living there because he felt safer and secure far away from his drunkard abusive father and also had the chance to eat breakfast and dinner with someone after 4 years of being lonely.

To be a good kid and showing how grateful to his mother who accepted him, Gulf started learning how to cook and do the cleaning and laundry when he comes home, he also studied hard to get good marks to make her proud of him.

As he grew older he started learning more and more skills from sewing, cooking all kind of dishes from French to American food, well he got the help from his best childhood friend Mild.

Gulf and Mild went to the same kindergarten and elementary school and was already close to each other but then Gulf had to go away for 4 years and when he came back they met again at the same middle school and they even became closer friends as Mild always supported and helped him he even took him to his house many times so Gulf could learn everything from the maid there since Mild is from a rich family.

The taller boy was thankful for having this amazing friend and felt so blessed, he even helped him finding a part-time job at a close café when he was only 15 years since Gulf really needed as much money as he could to buy necessary things like clothes not wanting to burden his mother.

One day, during his second year in high school, Gulf woke up to an empty house, he thought that his mother went out early for work so he quickly ate his breakfast cleaned around a bit and went out, by evening, after coming back from work, the tired boy found the house empty again, it was weird because usually his mother would be there with her lover who always reeks from smoking, being lovey-dovey until late during Friday nights but Gulf brushed it off thinking that his mother must have went to the other's house and also he had no means to contact her since he is still saving money to buy a phone so after taking a shower and eating a cup of noodles the brown eyed boy went to sleep.

Hearing loud bangs on the front door, Gulf jumped up from his sleep quickly wearing his shirt and rubbing his still sleepy eyes, he glanced at the clock to find that it was just 7 in the morning, the bangs got louder making him hurry and open the door

"good morning, how may I help you?" the innocent boy asked facing three big tall guys, one was very muscular and bold, one had a scar across his left cheek and one was in his early forties wearing some expensive clothes showing that he is the boss, he took off his black glasses and starred at the boy from down to up then smirked looking straight to his eyes