Chapter 13

WOAH WE GOT 100 READS EHAT THE HELL. I KNOW IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT THAT IS SO INCREDIBLE THANK YOU SO MUCH.

MARTHA'S POV

It's been a few days now since Alex was released from the hospital, and he seem to be getting stronger every day. I just can't chase away the fear that our Tom cat isn't completely over it yet.

He's been very quiet the past few days, and the only thing I can assume is because of resurfaced memories of his mother and Eponine

He has to use the crutches they provided him when going around camp, so I've seen him hitting people playfully with them a few times.

Alex has been staying with me and George in our cabin but he's going to stay with the boys again today, which is slightly worrying. But he'll be fine. I know he will.
———————————————————————
(TiMe SkIp)

Everyone is down by the lake now, and Alex is standing by the side with John. Suddenly I see him drop his crutches and fall into Johns side. Everyone turns to look in a wild panic, and John has hooked his arms underneath Alex's.

"Alex? Alex can you hear me?" John says next to his head.

"Yeah. I was just tired. Now you can hold me up instead." Alex replies innocently making everyone have to stifle back a laugh.

"Jeez 'Lex you scared the shit out of me. Maybe next time give me a bit of warning?" John breathes with a sigh of relief.

"No. I don't think I will." Alex replies with a very present smirk on his face.
————————————————————————
(AnOtHeR tImE sKiP- ps, I think I've got something planned for the near future... be prepared.)

HERC'S POV

We all retire to our cabins after a long day of activities and free time, Alex is curled up in my arms almost falling asleep whilst John walks closely behind with his crutches.

"Tom cat. Hey wake up." I shake him gently and receive a soft grunt in reply. Guess that's a no then.

I gently lay him down on his side, making sure to avoid putting any weight on his foot and carefully removing head head off of my arm and onto a pillow. I get very protective of Alex sometimes, he's never hurt a soul. (HE MUST'VE BEEN SO SCARED)

Laf comes behind me and I wrap my arm around their shoulder, both looking down at Alex like a married couple looking at their son.

"He is quite ze adorable." Laf whispers softly in my ear.

"Yep. Our little lion." I mutter to nothing in particular.

Sorry it was so short!