Chapter 12 (I think?)

THIS IS NOT PROOFREAD SO I'M SO SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES

PEGGY'S POV (TiMe SkIp)

It's been about 3 days since Alex was rushed to hospital, it's been pretty quiet around the camp.

He's supposed to be coming back later on today, ensuring that he takes it easy and stays off his feet for a while. Pffft. As if.

He has been given a pair of crutches as he fell on his ankle when he tumbled off Usnavi- so seeing him hobbling around camp all day is going to be pretty hilarious.

I'm so glad he's okay. I mean, he's been very on edge in the hospital- but I'm guessing it's because it holds a lot of memories of Eponine

John has been pretty down... I mean... I can see why. If I'm completely honest, the whole camp has been quite eerie, almost silent. It's weird.
————————————————————————
(TiMe SkIp)

The Washingtons left camp about 20 minutes ago to pick Alex up, seeing as they'd come back to grab him some clean clothes.

I'm planning on getting all of our close friends together to welcome him back, maybe invite Orpheus and Eurydice.

The group starts to arrive at the arena, we're going to help Alex onto Usnavi and take him to the hangout behind the trees. I'll be leading 'Navi obviously.

The stable workers tacked 'Navi and bright him out to the front, trying his lead rope to a loop on the wall.

"Okay people! They're going to be arriving soon so it's best we start heading to the hangout, I'll wait here, the rest of you move it out! Go!"

A flurry of people move around to the hangout, all of our group, Orpheus, Eurydice, Persephone, Justin and some of the other camp members.

Suddenly, a large black car rolls into the camp, the slate crunching under the wheels. The car stops, Washington and Martha get out; they open the back door and Washington picks Alex up and cradles him like a small child.

I catch my first glimpse of him when they bring him nearer, and to be fair he looks pretty average for what went on. He has deep bags under his eyes (which is pretty average if I'm completely honest) and flushed cheeks because of the fever. He's wearing a pair of loose sweatpants and his navy blue riding team hoodie.

I wave at him enthusiastically and he gives a half-hearted wave and a tired smile back.

"Hey, Lex. How you doing?" I ask in a gentle tone.

"Yeah... yeah, good." He mumbles tiredly.

"He's still pretty tired and a little fatigued from the drugs they gave him." Martha whispers quickly as Washington moves towards Usnavi so that Alex can pet him. Although it's only been a few days I'm sure he's missed him.

"Okay lex, the guys and a few friends are waiting for you back at the hangout. That sound good?" I question softly, knowing that he is probably not feeling too awesome at the minute.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah." He says back.

Washington lifts Alex atop Usnavi and makes sure he's steadied before slowly moving his arms away. "Okay, were just going to take a nice slow stroll, sound good?" He nods his head gently, signaling for us to start the walk towards the forest.

"We'll give you some time alone, catch you in the woods in a minute." Mrs Washington whispered to me just as I was about to start the walk. "Oh, Yeah, of course." I whisper back with a bright smile on my face.

I start the walk, talking with Alex about almost anything and everything: the hospital, the food, John, Usnavi, the upcoming trials. Everything.

Bud follows along by my feet, looking up at Alex every so often. He's such a good boy.

Eventually we reach the hangout spot and see everyone with different kinds of food, musicals playing out of the speakers and a few different kinds of drinks (non-alcoholic obviously.).

John runs up to us, slowing down when he gets near to Usnavi as not to spook him. "Alex! Oh my god I missed you so much!" He says as he wraps his arms underneath Alex gently and lifts him off.

"Mmh. Missed you too" Alex mumbles tiredly whilst rubbing his eyes like a child. He really looks adorable. Alex rests his head against Johns chest, his arms falling limply on top of his chest, curled up like a lion cub would next to his mother.

John begins walking forward and Bud soon follows next to him.

"Hey guys" Alex mumbles, looking around st everyone who had gathered to greet him.

"Hey Alex, how you feeling?" Hercules walks up to him gently and smiles softly down at him.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm good." Alex replies quietly

As the day continues everyone gathers around the few sofas we had carried here previously, Alex becomes a bit more active the more we talk and eat.

"You remember that time we decided to stay up and climb on top of the arena?" Laf chuckles loudly.

"Yeah and we played Miranda at full volume all night?" Alex laughs quietly. "Yeah. The SMFDR did not like us that day." Hercules adds.

The night continues like this until we decide Alex needs to go to bed and we all head back to the cabins.