chapter 8

Karri's Pov

  It was a nice day out. My hair in a bun, with a few loose strands in the front. I had on a flowy loose vintage dress on with little flowers on it, black flats on my feet on someone's porch. I had a glass of lemonade. Then i heard someone clear there throat. I looked next to me, there sat next to me was Eli. He looked dapper. A white button up shirt with green suspenders and kaki pants.

" Are you okay?" he asked me

" yes, just confused. where am I?"

" you're home."

" what?..."

" we're marrried. "

" what year is it? we look like we're in a different time period."

" 1940s"

" how is that possible?"

" just enjoy it."

    I woke up. These dreams with Eli are getting more and more frequent and intense. I looked up the clock and sighed. It was three in the morning. I just starred at the ceiling. It's crazy how little time i got so close to him. It's been weeks since i first started Forks. I'm mostly with the Cullens everyday and go to Carlisle and Esme's after school with Hailey and Bella.

How's Bella and I's friendship you ask? Nonexistent. We've never gotten along , even as kids. Some reason she's trying to talk to me more. Weird right?

I went back to sleep only to wake up a few hours later for school. I was told it was going to be sunny in Forks so i put on just a plain white t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans. I wore doc martins and grabbed my backpack. I looked at Hailey and she was still in bed. I shook her and she groaned.

" wwhhaatt?" she asked

" Hailey? i have something to tell you."

  " what's the matter?"

" when you and Monroe barley started dating, did you get dreams about him?"

" yeah i did. i just think since we're always together, our subconscious plays tricks on us when we're sleeping. but there's nothing to worry about go back to sleep."

"Hailey?"

" yeah?"

"goodnight"

" goodnight Kar."

————————————_______—————-

That morning i was so tired. I was in my math class barley able to keep my eyes open. I also had a pounding headache. I decided to get up and go to the teacher.

" Ms. Ochoa can I go to the nurse?"

"what's wrong?"

" i'm not feeling good."

" Let me write you a pass."

I walked to the nurse's office. i told her how i was felling and she gave me and ice pack and had me lay down in the bed. I just starred at the ceiling and sighed. This headache was from hell. I haven't had one like this in years. The nurse came in and informed me my aunt was coming in to pick me up. After a few minutes, she came and took me to the car.

" what's wrong?" she asked me

" i don't feel too good. i didn't sleep at all and now my head is pounding."

" okay we get home you're going straight to your room and sleep. i'll talk to your teacher and you can be excused from class."

  i nodded and just knocked out in the car. A few minutes later we got home and went straight to my bed and slept.

—————————————————————————-

  Hailey's Pov

I was in my english class when i got a text from Alice.

  Alice: Your cousin isn't feeling good. She went home. You should text her to see how she's doing. Eli is going with you after school to see Karri.

  I wonder how Kar was doing. She didn't sleep at all last night. I decided to press Karri's number and text her.

Hailey: Hey! Heard you went home. everything okay? if you want me to get you food on the way home let me know.

   a few minutes later i got a reply

  Karri: i'm okay , just trying to sleep it off. It's okay i'm not really hungry but thanks for offering

I put my phone away in my pocket and heard the bell ring for lunch. I decided to sit with the Cullens.

" Hey Hailey. Where's Karri?" Monroe asked

" She got sick and went home."

" Really? That sucks." Emmett replies

" What happened?" Bella asked

" She hasn't been sleeping...she's been having dreams."

Edward just stares at me knowing what i'm thinking. I just nodded at him confirming.

" Does Eli have anything to do with it?" Rosalie asked

" Do I?" he asked

" Look i know you come to visit her when she's sleeping but you should stop for a few days. She's been dreaming of you and i think she's scared. honestly i think you should talk to her when she's better."

" I will. "

" just reassure her you're in this for the right reasons. " Edward told him

" i don't think it's a good idea for me to bring you home today. " i told Eli

" but Kar-"

" will be fine. she's probably having anxiety that's all."

" okay"

" she'll be okay. tomorrow she'll be as good as new." Alice said

then the bell rang and we went to our classes

—————————————————————-

Hailey's Pov

I woke up from my nap and i felt great. I got to the kitchen and ate some honey nut cheerios.

" You feel better?" my aunt asked me

" yes"

" that's good. you're going to spoil your dinner with that cereal but i'll let it slide since you didn't eat lunch."

i just giggled

" what's wrong?" she asked me

" i just haven't been sleeping is all."

" be careful. you can get sick that way."

" yeah i'll try too."

she finished seasoning the chicken then put it on the pot

" what are you cooking?"

" fried chicken and homemade mac n cheese."

" mac n cheese? i haven't had that in years!"

" it was your mother's favorite! she would always have me make her some."

" i miss her."

" me too sweetheart. oh look your dad is home."

he entered the house and patted me on the back.

" you okay? "

" yeah dad i took a nap."

" that's good. Clara! what is that delicious smell?"

" chicken and mac n cheese. now both of you wash up. Hailey will be home and so will David. "