Chapter 7

Karri's Pov

  " I don't understand what the big deal is?!"

  It is Saturday. We ere getting ready to go to the Cullens house and Hailey wants to pick out my outfit. Why you may ask. I have no clue. She chose a romper that was like pants and off the shoulder sleeves.

" this is more like date night Hailey."

" shush it's cute! now come on let me do your make up."

    It took her two hours to do both my hair and make up. She straightened my hair and braided the top so it looked like a headband. With my make up, I had a brown Smokey eye and nude lip. WOW was all I can say.

" You should do this professionally." I told her

" aww thanks. Now what outfit do you think I should wear?"

There were two outfits laying on her bed. There was a navy blue shirt that was off the shoulders and paired it with black heigh waist skinny jeans with doc martins. The other was a burgundy flowy spaghetti strap and a belt.

" I think you should do the burgundy top with the black jeans and belt."

" alright now turn around so I can change."

As I did

" I don't know why I have to look like this when it's your boyfriend's family I'm meeting."

" oh stop it ,you look great"

" do you know if Bella is going?"

" most likely. why do you think uncle Charlie can't stand Edward. "

  " well I wouldn't be so fond of him either."

  " yeah. okay I'm done."

   I turned around and Hailey went to go do her make up.

" hey I wanted to asked how is Matt doing?" She asked

" he's okay. Elena broke up with him."

" what? Why?"

" her parents died and she said she needed space but she's now dating this new guy Stefan."

" how did that happen?"

" they drove off the bridge and drowned. Elena somehow escaped."

  " wow."

  She finished her make up. Just a winged liner and burgundy lips. We heard a honk meaning Monroe was here to pick us up. We grabbed our things and went to tell our family goodbye. We said our hellos to Monroe and him and Hailey went on kissing. I smiled happy that she's happy. I just sat in the back seat just enjoying the scenery.

" So Karri, how are you liking Forks?"

" it's calmer here than Mystic Falls that's for sure. "

" Really?"

" yeah sir."

" we're here!" Hailey said all excited

The house was beautiful! We got down and Monroe opened the door for us. I smelled something good cooking.

" I told them not to do this."  Monroe said whip we walk up the stairs.

There were the Cullen Family and Bella.

" Hailey! It's wonderful to see you again." An older women came and hugged her.

" hello Esme. It's great seeing you. I brought my cousin Karri."

" oh hello Karri. We've been hearing great things about you from your cousins. I'm Esme and that's my husband Carlisle. We're cooking chicken Alfredo for you. Hailey told us it's you're favorite."

" oh wow umm thank you so much."

" unless you already ate like some people." Rosalie shoot daggers at Bella.

" Rosalie!" Esme corrected her

" no I'm all empty thank you so much."

  Esme smiled and walked back to the kitchen.

" hey I'm Emmett. " a big buff guy came and shook my hand.

" hello Emmett."

" where's Eli?" Carlisle asked

" probably in his room. I'll go get him." Edward said and left

" So... Karri you were born here in Forks?" Esme asked

" yes mam I moved to Mystic Falls because we wanted to spend some time with my dads family."

" what made you want to move back?" Carlisle asked

" My dad got a promotion here. He's  Charlie's helper."

  Eli than walked in with Edward. He's still gorgeous. He kept staring at me and went to Carlisle and Esme. He stopped for a minute

"  I'm sorry for what happened at lunch. I'm Eli Hale. "

" it's fine Eli." karri told him

" yeah nothing personal." I told him

" it's fine Eli." Bella told him

" I'm he was talking to me Bella." I told her

Rosalie smirked " I like you."

Edward just looked at me and I rolled my eyes. Bella reminds me of Elena. They're both whining and self centered even if they don't mean to be.

" Food is ready."

Hailey, Bella and I went to the table and we sat down. None of the Cullens did.

" Are you guys not eating? " I asked them

" we're on a special diet, either way we cooked for you." Emmett told us

" Why not?"

" it's okay Karri. We cooked this dinner especially for you. And we're all lactose intolerant." Carlisle said

  I just started eating but feeling bad that the Cullens weren't joining us. The food was bomb. They did a wonderful job. As we finished our food Eli said he wanted to talk. I followed him to what I was assuming was his room. I sat on the sofa.

" I wanted to apologize about the way I acted today. That's not usually me. I want to start fresh."

" that sounds nice."

" I'm Eli Hale. And you are?"

" Katrina Donnovan but you can call me Karri."

" why don't you like Katrina?"

" not if you're named after a hurricane."

He laughed and I noticed he had skateboards hanging on his room.

" you skateboard?" I asked

" yeah. it helps me cool off when I'm annoyed. what about you?"

" not anymore."

" what happened? If you don't mind me asking "

" I use to compete when I was young. then when i was in the air I fell and landed wrong on my leg and broke it. ever since then I haven't touched one since."

" oh wow I'm sorry."

" it's okay. It's all in the past ."

" would you ever skate again? "

" I don't think so. My skating days are over and it's okay."

" well if you want to, I'm right here."

" thanks Eli, I appreciate it."

" hey Karri?"

" yeah?"

" would you want to umm come back again? we can hang out soon."

I giggled " yeah Eli. Sounds great."