7

there's a knock heard against the door, luz's immediately sat up right as she passed out drooling on her textbooks again. she groaned and reached for her phone to know what time it is.

10:27, monday

who could be- wait..

luz looked over the 272 dollar 48x48 canvas sitting on her bed along with her palette.

another knock snapped luz out of her thoughts "sorry, i'm coming!" she bolted out of her chair and swung the door open to see amity.

she's wearing a red turtleneck topped with a plain black shirt and checkered pants.

"h-hey amity." luz squeaked, "sorry for coming this in this late.." amity said as she rubbed the back of her neck. i was busy thinking what i should wear to impress you..

"no no no, it's okay. please, come in." luz stepped aside, amity slowly walked inside the dorm and luz closed the door. she jogged towards her bed to grab the canvas and place it on top of her desk chair.

"whoa.." amity muttered as she saw the canvas on luz's bed. luz chuckled "yeah, costed me almost 300 dollars on that thing. um..." luz actually didn't think this through, like where's amity gonna sit? i need natural light...

"uh... you can down in my bed," amity obliged, she's a little anxious and her heart won't stop beating like a rock band. luz adjusted the lamp on her desk and flashed it towards amity.

"is... is this okay?" she asked, amity nods. "you can get in a pose you're comfortable with." amity nods again but she has an idea. "okay, but can you turn around for a sec?"

"okay." luz turns around, she lightly taps her foot on the floor while staring onto the wall. she pressed her hand against her chest, feeling her rapid heartbeat.

jeez... calm down.

she watches king's sleep as he conquered luz's roommates bed. she heard some shuffling behind her then amity spoke "you can turn around now..." luz turns around and her soul just said goodbye.

amity.. isn't wearing clothes.. well, she has luz's covers draped around her parts and her hair is down.

"is.. this okay?" she asked. luz blinked multiple times and gulped "y- yeah. yes!" she said, her voice climbing a couple of octaves.

"i- i'll start now.." amity nods, she got to her position. luz gripped her paint brush, her face matching her red paint. whatever she's pulling, it's working.

amity couldn't believe she's doing this, she notices luz's nervousness and trembling hands as she starts to paint. the girl smirked to herself that it's at least working.

luz stares at amity's figure, she's well built. she probably did some sports in high school as luz noticed some abs contracting. i bet her skin is smooth as well. she looks at her hair, her brown roots are slowly coming back.

why'd she dyed it though?

after a few hours of staying still in her pose, amity could feel the covers slipping off her breasts so she immediately placed it back up then she heard luz sigh and groaned.

amity bit her lip at the noise the girl is making. "woo, done. i just need to fill the background..." luz said. amity stood up, holding the clothe on her body in place as she walked over to luz to see how she did.

it's beautiful.

the amount of detail put in her face, she even got the lighting from the lamp precisely. even if the background is blank, it still looks amazing.

"i hope i get a 100 for this, this is probably my most beautiful piece.." amity blushes as luz said those words. i'm her most beautiful piece?

amity stared at luz while she's admiring her work and is thinking what is the most suited background. she can feel amity's gaze on her, she doesn't know if she should look or-

"hey."

amity's voice became softer and a little deep, luz slowly looks at her uncertain what the other girl is thinking.

their eyes interlocked, heart beating against their ears louder and louder as the space between them slowly gets smaller. as if nothing is there but them.

no painting. no king. just them, staring at each other's souls and intent.

luz can feel amity's breath delicately hit her face, she closed her eyes as nothing is in her mind anymore aside from the blight's plump lips getting closer to hers.

then something flashed inside amity's mind making her recoil back. luz slowly half opens her eyes but became full as she saw amity covering her mouth with a furrowed brow.

"amity-" luz started, thinking she did something wrong to make her draw back.

"i'm sorry." that's all she said before hastily putting her clothes back on left the dorm, leaving luz pondering and confused and... hurt.

she lets out a frustrated groan and smacked both her hands onto her face "of course.." she murmured as she placed the heels of her palm against her eyes. tears threatening to fall.

she wouldn't fall for a somebody like me.

amity raced back to her dorm and slammed the door as she leaned against, it's a good thing that boscha isn't here. she doesn't wanna tell her why she looks like a mess.

hot streams of tears roll down her cheek as amity covered her mouth, muffling her sobs. she wants luz. she wants to kiss her so bad but she couldn't be selfish.

as voices of her family rang loudly in her head.

'you are a blight. and we only associate ourselves with the select few.'