Chapter 20 - Baby?

Roc rushed over to Kiloni’s dorm. He was so happy that he was able to move on without you getting hurt. (Or at least he thought.) He got to her dorm room and knocked on her door, as she opened it. He was smiling, but she was upset. Roc had left her a few days ago, and she was angry about getting serious with someone that just dumped her out of the blue.

“Kiloni, can I talk to you for a second?” He asked.

“I have to get ready for exams tomorrow, so no.” Kiloni snarled as she shut the door.

“I can move in with you!” Roc shouted from the outside. 5 seconds later, Kiloni slowly opened her door, and smiled at him.

“What did you say?” Kiloni said as she smiled at him.

“I’m gonna move in with you!” Roc repeated. “She said that the baby can stay for the first couple of days.”

“Oh my god. Yaaaaay!” Kiloni squealed as she jumped on Roc, and hugged him. She was so happy, and so was he. After all of these months, they were finally moving in together.

2 months later, Kiloni got her own apartment. Roc had slowly packed some of his things in the car every week or so, and shifted things to her house. Minute by minute, you seen that Roc’s things were disappearing, and that the room that you once shared, was becoming empty. 2 weeks later, Roc had gathered the last of his things. He had looked at a few of the pictures that you two had taken, then glanced at you.

“Hey (Y/N).” Roc said taking a few off of the counter.

“Yeah?”

“Can I take some pictures of us in the new house?” He asked. “I still want to see pictures of you and the baby while I’m there.”

“Of course Roc!” You smiled as you helped him pack the last box, and handed it to him. You also gave him Chresanto’s bag, as you put him inside of his carseat.

“Thank you for your help, (Y/N).” Roc said hugging you. “You’re really my best friend.”

“You’re welcome, Roc. Anything you need, I’ll be there.” You said hugging him back, then looking him in the face. “I love you, Roc.”

“I love you too, (Y/N).” Roc said smiling at you, then grabbing Chresanto Jr. “I’ll bring him back after the weekend.”

Roc had moved all of his things with Kiloni, and quickly adjusted to his new home. This was the home that he wanted, and this was the home that he was happy with.

A year passed, and Roc had been together for a year and 5 months. Roc was going in for his check-ups for his injury, but none of his memory came back. Chresanto Jr. had blossomed from a baby, to a 1 ½ year old toddler. He was walking and wearing pampers now. He learned how to say ‘dada’ and ‘mama’, but that was all. Roc was still living with Kiloni.

As for you, the heart that once yearned for Roc, had finally healed. You and Roc remained really close friends, and Roc had remained the great father that he’d always been. It used to kill you to see Roc with Kiloni, but not it wasn’t a big deal. You were finally at peace with their relationship.

It was December 1st, 2013, and Ray Ray was throwing a party for new years. You came over, and everyone was there. Princeton, Prodigy, Stacy, Melissa, Camryn, Leah, Roc, Kiloni, and many more of Ray Ray’s high school friends came. There were boatloads of people, and alcohol, party favors, food, music, and blasting tv’s were combed all throughout his large home. You seen everybody, hung out, and had a good time.

The next thing that happened, totally turned the mood upside down.

The whole entire house got silent, and crowded around. You stood around the circle, and seen Roc on his knees, in front of Kiloni. He opened up a small black case, as a ring with a huge diamond on top of it. Kiloni had covered her mouth, and cried instantly.

“Will you marry me, Kiloni?” Roc said smiling at her.

“Yes! Yes I will, Roc!” Kiloni squealed as he slowly put the ring on her finger, and hugged him tight.

Everyone around them had began to clap and cheer for them, and you joined in. You joined and and put on a bright smile that covered up the raw emotions that was shooting through the inside of your stomach. All of the emotions that was flushed away from your body over the years, had came back. Roc was actually marrying another woman, and before the accident, this was supposed to be you. You and him. And he was supposed to be staying with you and soaking up this moment at the house that he spent a year out of. But it wasn’t.

As his friend, Roc asked you to be a part of it. You agreed. 4 months later, you were helping him get his suit on in the first rehearsal of his wedding. It was a white and light blue wedding that they had debated, but finally agreed on. Roc asked the boys to help him with his outfit, but they were acting too goofy and not taking anything seriously. Roc asked him mom to help him, but she was getting too emotional and crying each second. So he asked you.

“Alright Roc this is a big thing.” You said fixing his collar, and looking at him as you both looked in the mirror. “Do you have your lines memorized?”

“It’s the first rehearsal goofball!” Roc giggled.

“I know, but you don’t wanna screw up during the wedding.” You smiled. “Chresanto will be watching you.”

“You’re right. And I have everything memorized.” Roc smiled. “Let’s do this!”

Roc had walked and seen Kiloni in a fake dress. Princeton had Chresanto Jr. sitting in his lap, while him, Ray Ray, Prodigy, and a few of Roc’s cousins watched him for the practice. Roc knew that there would have to be a flower girl, maid of honor, etc. But he wanted to worry about remembering his lines first.

“Knock em’ dead.” You said smacking his butt, and watching him in the front row. Roc laughed as he walked up to Kiloni, grabbed her hands, and waited for the preachers to start his lines.

“We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one’s self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.” The preacher said. Roc turned to you, and put a smile on his face.

But suddenly, the medicine that Roc was taking, had kicked in. All of the memories of meeting you, 6th grade, high school years, college years, moving in with you, going to jail, Sonya, the sex that you guys had, everything. His eyes widened, as he stared at you in disbelief. He heard the preacher talking, but he couldn’t find the strength to take his eyes off of you.

“Groom, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?” The preacher said. Roc continued to stare at you, as tears filled his eyes.

“What are you doing?” You whispered to him in confusion, thinking that he was crying out of nervousness. “Say your words!”

“Baby?” Roc whispered silently as he looked at you in shock.

You looked at him in total unawareness, Then it hit you. By the way he said the words ‘baby’, you knew that he remembered you by the way he used to say it. This was the old Roc. Your eyes widened as your heart flushed in happiness, and shock.

This was the Roc that you fought for 2 years…