Mighty Love : Part 1

Duke University
Junior year
2016

*Hallways of Duke looking at players on the poster wall*

"Yo Brad check it out we on the list bro." I said in excitement. "Yea it's gone be a wrap this season." He says forming me into a dap. We hear someone coming behind us, this beautiful young lady with a light blue sundress with her jean jacket sweater on. I ain't gone lie she was looking really good, she was pretty in the face too, man I couldn't forget that face.

"Excuse me" she says as she gets in between me and Brad so she can sign some paper on the board. "My bad" I say looking up and down her body. I scan her business as if it was mine. "You must study a lot about business and designs." I say while looking at her. "Yea well not everyone can play basketball you know. The rest of us gotta plan our future after graduation." She stated and walked away. "Hey, which designs are you into? Maybe you can help me out with something." I ask her with a smile on my face. She walks away with a smile on her face as well, knowing she would she'd be interested in my question. all I know is I'll be seeing her around Duke.

"Bro don't even think about it, she's been going out with Chase Jeter for a year now." "For real? She looked at me with a smile you know I'm already pressed." I said with an extra smile while walking away.

2 Days Later,
After Practice
Jayson and Brad
Dorm Room

"Yo lets go pick up some pizza." Brad said as he opens up a can of soda. "Nah I'm good." I said while taking a seat on the couch. "I've been all around campus today and I can't find that girl from the other day. She's hard to find." I said sounding tired. "Jay, I told you she's with Chase?" Brad said looking a little pissed that I didn't listen. "I know but bro I can cuff that." I told him while taking out my books from my bag. "Whatever bro I seen her at the library." He says while turning the tv on. "For real!?" I said while running to my room to put on a clean shirt and find some cologne. I couldn't choose which is more addictive or refreshing. I grab both of my favorite colognes and ask Brad which one he's prefer. " Hey should I use the  Refined or Every Man Jack?" I asked as Brad laughed. "What are you sixteen?" He asked and I choose Refined, after that I head out the door to the library.

Duke University,
Library

The sunset is heading it's way down and here I am leaning on a statue fake reading a book. I see the girl I've been looking for come out the building looking good as always. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her it was something about her that I couldn't keep away. I put my book in my bag while I seen her walk alone and starting chasing after her. "Hey wassup" I said while I got behind her and walk my way in front of her. "Hi" she says with a glare smile. "So have you thought about what designs your into?" I said to start conversation. "I'm still thinking. But I guess you'll be the first one to know. She says while walking and I look at her and scan her figure. I catch up to her once again and approached her. "It doesn't seem like you'd need to worry about it." I said walking beside her. "What do you mean by that?" She asked looking in my direction. "You seem like your a woman who's into fashion. In my point of view that might be your talent."

She glanced at me and smiles, her smile was lighting up our moment. "Thanks for your concerns. What is your name?" She asked looking deep into my eyes. "Jay, -Jayson Tatum." I said into a stuttering voice. I just couldn't how beautiful this girl was. "Well Jayson thanks your concerns, I'll definitely keep that in mind." She said as she keeps walking and I stand in the same spot. "Yo, I didn't I get a your name." I said before she walks any further. "Alayna" she said looking back at me while another beautiful smile.