Chapter Thirty: Day One - Steady Pacing

((Authors Note: Ah yes, a four day hiatus because I have both been unable to sleep, AND sick. What a nice combination, amirite? (High key kinda wanna just curl up in a ball and kermit to existn't). Anyways, here is yet another chapter of this cluster-frog of a fiction I am writing. Wish me luck on more chapters to come fellas, at this rate, I will need it.))

-

Sandra and the others all peer out from their windows and gaze at the building. Despite it being more formal, and general in structure, some part of it was still so alluring, in a way. It was sturdy, and tall, strong. Some part of the building called to them, while somewhere in the back of their mind was somewhat intimidated by the sight of the building.

The bus stops with a graceful halt, and the bus driver smiles, standing up from his seat. "Welcome to Wings of Life, girls! I hope you all have a wonderful time here, and I will meet all of you after your internship. Make sure to not doddle, I do have places to be." The bus driver grabs some candy from the small pouch next to his seat, offering them some. They all take one, and thank him for the offering, before getting off the bus.

Sandra thought it was a little odd, but seeing some of the seating markings, the bus driver was also a kindergarten bus driver as well. Something pacifist Frisk had said was common for them to do was offer sweets if the kids behaved, or if they just wanted to. It depended on their mood.

"Thanks for the ride, sir. We appreciate it." Sandra waves to the man as she steps off the bus, and onto the paved sidewalk. The bus started up its engine once more, and soon made its way to roll down the road, and turn to the left. No sooner than the bus is gone, the door opens and out comes a fairly tall woman, clad in white clothing. Her hair was deep red, yet the sleek shine overit made it seem so much brighter. It kind of reminded Sandra of that deep red wine that Razz loved to drink on special occasions.

"Greetings, girls. I am glad to have all of you here at my establishment." The woman smiled down to them, her voice sounded as smooth as milk and honey, oddly enough. Her white platinum eyes stared down to them, seeming to look right through their very existence. "I was very much impressed by your performance at the sports festival, Sandra. Your participation was both amusing, and fairly eye opening."

Sandra blushed a bit at the compliment, somewhat feeling flustered at such nice praise. This woman sounded a bit like Toriel, a friendly, and accepting mother. Someone you want to tell everything to, because you know it will be okay. "Thanks ma'am."

"As for the rest of you-" the white-clad woman looks to the rest of the girls, who were still standing at full attention, "You all did exceptionally well, for dropping out of the middle of nowhere. It was also quite impressive." Their mentor for the week slides down one of the polished rails, before stepping off and standing in front of the group. "It seems you might not be used to your quirks, though, there were some awkward interactions." She smiled as she placed her hands on her hips. "We will help you to control them better, I assure you!"

Nightmare and the others all seemed to be relieved at the statement. Watching the woman was calming somehow, making them feel more at-ease with the decision to come to her. There was always obvious apprehension from having to go somewhere unfamiliar, as well as going to impress someone who you had not met before. This person was supposed to be a vital part of their moving forward, despite having just been in school for a few days.

"Follow me, girls, I will show you to your rooms." The woman waves a hand to them, gesturing for all of them to walk up the stairs with her. "We will start our beginning training, and lecture tomorrow morning at 7:30 after your breakfast is eaten. From what I heard, none of you had allergies, so everything we make should be fine, am I correct?"