Chapter twenty-four

(Zayn's POV)

Just walk in, grab the jacket, and leave. It's as simple as that. There's no need for any awkward conversations or eye contact. I can't look into those honey brown eyes of his and not feel gutted. How can I look Alex in the eye when I know that I took advantage of him like that?

I mean, I was drunk, after all. It's not like I really fancy boys, because that's disgusting. It was just the alcohol. There wern't any sparks if I remember correctly. It was just sex. Alcohol filled, meaningless, pleasurable sex.

Even though it was with Alex, who is a boy, I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. I probably just looked at the first attractive person- girl or boy -and decided that I wanted to fuck them.

That's a logical explanation, right?

One stupid mistake screwed up my mind completely. I'm not supposed to feel this way about guys.

Then again, I'm also not supposed to have one night stands with them either.

Alex had been texting me and I, shamefully, had been texting him back. I learned a lot about his personality. It turns out he's not some sex-crazed gay lad. He's sweet, very romantic, and a bit mysterious.

Alex also told me some very surprising news. Something I wasn't expecting at all. The information had been eating me away inside since I found out. He admitted that he got his heart broken by Louis Tomlinson, Harry's little detention buddy. I would have never guessed that Louis and Alex knew each other. I knew that Louis was gay all along, though. I just knew it.

I decided I should probably leave Louis alone from now on. I can't help but feel guilty for the way I treated Louis. Nobody should be treated that way. I don't know why I punched him. I just felt so angry for some reason. Well, I know the reason, but I don't want to admit it. . .

However, I should probably tell Harry about Louis being gay before Lou tries to make a move on him. Harry doesn't like boys. He likes girls. He should just stay away from Louis and focus on football.

I pull into the parking lot of Alex's hotel and immediately feel guilty. I can't believe I actually took advantage of him like that. Especially because Alex is so sweet and charming and-

No, I like girls, not boys, the voice in the back of my head orders me.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, checking myself quickly in the mirror. Well, here goes nothing. I suck in a deep voice and walk up to Alex's door.

I raise my hand up to knock, but before I can, it opens. It reveals the very tired looking lad, wearing only his boxers. Note that it's six o'clock in the evening. His hair is flat and messy instead of gelled to perfection. His tanned skin sculpts around his abs. He couldn't be hotter.

But his eyes are what enchant me the most. Brown circles with flecks of gold in the center, and his pupils are dilated a little bit. I've never noticed how beautiful they are. When we hooked up his eyes were fogged up and emotionless.

Now there's dark circles underneath his eyes, like he hadn't been getting much sleep lately. Presently, his eyes act like a portal to his inner emotions; sadness, loss, depression, and a little bit of... hope.

"Hi." I squeak at loss of words.

"Oh, hi Zayn. It's nice to see you again." Alex replies.

"Mhm." is all I can say, with a small flick of the head.

Alex steps aside, "Uh, come in. Your jacket is on the table." he tells me.

I nod and walk in his hotel, only to wrinkle my nose in disgust. The air is filled with the scent of junk food and dirty clothes. The hotel is small, and flashes of memories come rushing back to my mind from the night before.