Chapter thirteen

(Louis' POV)

I watch Harry as he drives out of the parking lot, hoping that he'll come back and talk to me. He drives away as quickly as he can, squeaking the tires against the pavement, leaving an echoing screech in the air. I stand here and watch him leave.

I don't understand why he's acting like this. I look down at my watch and see that it's getting pretty late. I start walking home, quietly listening to music from my iPod. Our house is located about a mile down the road from the school, so it doesn't take me very long if I walk quickly.

In the back of my mind, thoughts of Harry are dancing around, making it quite impossible to pay attention to anything except my brain. Sometimes I wonder what's going on inside his head.

Sonner than expected, I make it to my house, and my hands have turned numb from the crisp, Autumn air. I weakly open the door and walk inside, expecting the girls to run up to me or my Mom to be drunk.

Instead, it's dead silent.

I close the door behind me, "I'm home." I call out into the strange silence.

I get no reply, so I walk into the kitchen, expecting some answers as to where everybody is at.

My eyes fall upon a white note on the counter, and I snatch it up, eyeing the messy hand-writing that I soon recognize as my mother's.

Louis,

The girls and I went to go see your father at the hospital. We'll be back around eight o'clock.

-Mom

I sigh and crumple up the small note and toss it in the garbage can, then head to my bedroom to clear my head.

I slump down on the bed, carelessly throwing my messenger bag on top of the mountain of dirty clothes on the ground. I cross my arms over my chest and stare up at the ceiling, wondering what I should do. I don't really feel like working on the musical right now. I'm not exactly in the mood.

Suddenly, I remember that I was supposed to call Alex, so I pull out my phone and dial his number without hesitation, still looking at the ceiling.

"Hey Louis!" Alex chimes when he picks up.

"Hey."

"What's up?" he asks.

"Nothing much. Just being bored. You?" I question.

"Uh, I have a surprise for you."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

"Look out your window." he says bluntly.

"What are you talking about-" I stop when I turn to the window, and I see Alex standing there, smiling like an idiot. He holds up his phone and waves it at me, and I can't help but smile too. His dark hair is gelled up, and his soft eyes meet mine.

I chuckle to myself and stand up from my bed and walk over to the window. I open up the locks and yank the one-story window open, then fold my arms over my chest and smirk at Alex.

"You do realize that we have a front door, right?" I question, stepping to the side so he can come inside.

Alex laughs and climbs into my bedroom, then tightly closes the window behind him. He spins around so he can face me. He's standing so close to me that his breath hits my neck. I don't think he even realizes how close we are until I take a step back, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

He blushes and takes a step back as well, "Doors are no fun!" he argues.

I smile, "What are you even doing here?" I ask, tilting my head.