Chapter thirty-seven

(Louis' POV)

I don't know what happens after that. It all flashes by so fast. Snow is falling lightly which is blurring my vision, and I'm also standing behind Harry so I can't see very well, but before I can process what is going on, I hear a loud snap.

Harry falls to the ground with a thud.

Horrified, I freeze up and stare down at Harry. He's lying on his back against the frosty ground, his eyes closed shut. He has one hand over his head and the other clutching his jaw. His jaw is red, and his lip is bleeding a little bit. They punched him in the fucking jaw!?

"Harry! Are you okay?" I ask quickly.

Harry groans and mumbles something like, "Mfin." He stands up slowly and blinks a few times, trying to clear his vision and regain his balance. He wobbles back a bit so I give him support. He puts his arm around me. He still clutches onto his jaw in pain.

"What the Hell is your problem?" I yell to the three douche bags in front of me.

One of them smirks, "Aw, aren't you cute? Protecting your boyfriend?" the one with the Mohawk hair says sarcastically. One of them seems to the the leader of their dumb group. He's the tallest, with a red Anchor High jacket. The last one has a buzz cut and has dark skin-- I think he's Arab, judging by the symbolized writing tattoos on his skin.

Anchor High hates our school- scratch that, basically their goal is to destroy us. Their students ruin all of our football games, dances, and extracurricular events. Last year at prom, a large group of Anchor students showed up wearing masks and basically destroyed the entire thing. They knocked over tables and ripped down decorations. It was a terrible night, and the 15 Anchor High students who did it were never caught. I wouldn't be surprised if these 3 pricks were involved in the prom destruction, too.

"Listen, we don't want any trouble-" Harry starts to say.

"Too late, faggot. You came to our side of town. You had this coming." Mohawk boy growls. There's a strong feeling of hatred and despise in his voice that makes me tremble. Despite his hurt jaw, Harry still insists upon standing protectively in front of me.

They all exchange glances. One of them nods. The dark skinned boy quickly and swiftly grabs me from behind, holding my hands behind my back. He almost crushes my thin and brittle wrists with his strong hands. I wince in pain.

The Mohawk boy grabs Harry and does the same. Both of us try to break free of their grasps, but it's nearly impossible. These guys are really strong.

"So, Jon, what do you think we should do with 'em?" the leader asks the boy who's holding me.

"I don't know," he answers.

"Think we should teach them a lesson?" Mohawk boy asks.

"Yeah, we should teach 'em to never bring their faggot selves over here again." the leader chuckles.

Before they can say anything else, Mohawk boy is falling to the ground in pain, clutching his groin and cursing under his breath. It only takes me a second to realize that Harry managed kicked him in the balls. Mohawk boy crumbles to the ground and mumbles various curse words. My eyes widen.

Suddenly, Harry's arm swings and punches the guy who's holding me across the face- Jon, apparently- and with a loud crack, he falls to the ground. Harry glares at him, who's now on the ground, and looks at me apologetically.

The leader doesn't have time to do anything about it, because Harry grabs my hand, "Let's go!" he yells, pulling me in his direction. I reluctantly run with him to the car, as fast as my legs can carry me.