Chapter fourteen

(Louis' POV)

"Louis Tomlinson! Give me back my gummy worms!"

I turn around swiftly to see Alex chasing after me, laughing his arse off. The film ended a few minutes ago, so I grabbed his bag of gummy worms and ate one.  He was eating them during the entire movie, so I didn't realize it was such a big deal if I ate one.  Just one! I never knew he was so protective of his food! It was hilarious, though, to see his reaction when I snatched up his candy and didn't give it back.

Now he's chasing me around the tiny hotel room, and I'm avoiding him like a ninja.  I'm having so much fun that I'm actually starting to lose my breath!

Suddenly, I feel him slam into my chest, and I fall backwards onto the bed with Alex landing on top of me. Ow.

I open up my eyes that were previously pinched closed to see his face hovering over mine.  His hands are pinned to both sides of my head, and this position is definitely awkward.

A smile appears on his lips and I can feel his hot breath hitting my face.  His dark eyes stare into mine, making my stomach feel all bubbly. It's like his eyes can make me melt.  When I look into his eyes, I remember out days in Ireland that we spent together.

I think back to all the dates we had together.  I remember the walks in the park, cinema dates, the nights we went clubbing and got wasted. I remember falling in love with him.

I can feel my face unconsciously inching ever so slightly towards his.  His lips are becoming threateningly close to mine.  I can feel the corners of my mouth twitching.  His hot breath brushes against my chapped lips.

Wait-- hold up.  What the Hell am I doing?

I shake my head and sigh.  Since when is our friendship romantic like this!?  I don't like Alex like this anymore.

I cough, "Uh, I should probably head home. It's a school night, after all." I say suddenly.

Alex frowns, "Yeah, I guess you're right." he says standing up. The pressure of his body weight is lifted off of me, and I stand up and pick up my jacket from the couch in the corner of the room.

He snatches his keys off the nightstand and gestures towards the door, "C'mon, let's go."

I nod and we walk out of the hotel and out to the parking lot. I get in the passenger seat of his car and he starts up the engine, then we start driving back to my house.

I can't help but wonder what I was even thinking! I don't like Alex as more than a friend; that's a fact.

Our conversation during the car ride back to my house consists of nothing except mindless talk about the movie that we watched.  We don't even mention the fact that we almost kissed.  I don't want to bring it up. I don't even want to think about it.

Alex parks the car in the driveway and I frown at the house in front of me. I reach for the handle of the car door, "Bye Alex."

A firm hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me back in my seat, "Are you busy Saturday?" Alex asks.

I frown, "Um, I don't think I'm doing anything. Why?"

He smiles, "I just thought we'd go clubbing.  We used to always do that!" he insists.

I think back and remember all of the times we'd go out and get completely wasted in Ireland. It was pretty damn fun, and I missed it.

"I don't know . . ." I respond, thinking it over.

"Please? It will relieve some of your stress." he tells me.

I raise an eyebrow, "What stress?"

"Oh, come on, Louis. I can tell you've been stressed about the musical lately. It's an opportunity to let loose!" he insists.