Chapter 10

Madison Rose's Side Story
_________________________________________

Madison Rose's POV

When I first came to this world, it was a bit sudden, last thing I remember was me jumping all around my room after finishing Game of Hearts, and the next thing I knew, I woke up surrounded by a lot of beautiful specimens, and maids looking teary and pale. It took me months to accept that I died in the other world. I even accepted the fact that I am reincarnated as the villainess of my favorite otome game. I lived my two years of life as her. I never hated the villainess and the heroine, they both lived a tragic life, so the only ones I hated were the capture targets, they were all a selfish b*stards drooling over the heroine which kinda pissed me off, they only think of her and the villainess as an object.

Madison was never mean to anyone until a brother came which stole the attention and love from her parents, she was 8 at that time, meaning, I'm still safe from any death flags. And she was engaged at the age of 8 the same time when her parents were drifting away from her. Oh wait, I was suppose to meet first Nickolai Kurt Valencia, son of Marquess Drake Cai Valencia, at the age of 6, (Currently 5 at the moment), another capture target, the original Madison always bullied him whenever they came in to visit, which turned him into a cold blooded, anti-social guy. He was suppose to be a playmate but original Madison doesn't like him.

I said I was suppose to meet Nickolai at the age six, but, I actually already met him just a month ago when I turned 5, I met him during the party, and turns out, I made friends with him, thank the heavens.

While thinking about the story, I got the thought that I want to take a check on the heroine, how she's doing. And so, when his majesty's birthday was coming up, I took that time to sneak out, since it's only an hour of drive to go there, on horse btw.

When people were busy doing their own thing, getting ready to go to the palace, I sneaked out through the hole leading to the forest, I prepared a horse beforehand. Good thing I have experienced riding horses in my past life.

As I was about to depart, I was taken aback when Nickolai was waiting ahead of me with his own horse and his sword by his waist. (he's currently 7)

"W-what are you?"

"Shouldn't I suppose to be the one asking that?"

"I- Please don't tell anyone! I beg of you!"

I was currently bowing at him right now, damn, if my parents find this out, they'll never ever let me out without any guards!

"Hmmm, sure, but I'll be coming with you"

I was about to protest but he went on ahead of me so I have no choice but to let him tag along.

We got there faster than I expected, if it weren't foe this guys contest thing, we would've arrived here 40 minutes or so.
As soon as we got into town, there were a lot of people, I guess the Kings birthday surely is a big thing. We roamed around for a bit and what caught my attention was the sword fighting competition thing. I told Nickolai that I would join, he was about to agree but with all this crowd, we both got separated.

I was so nervous that I don't want anyone talking to me. I mean, I only trained with father so I don't know if I can do this. I was suppose to check on the heroine but I got distracted!

When I was mumbling to myself not to be nervous, I saw a familiar face. I stared at the girl with the light blue hair, blue as a clear sky. I thought for a moment that it was the heroine but, I don't remember her participating in a competition in her childhood days. So instead, I brushed that thought off.

But, when I fought her, she also had the same red eyes as the heroine. I was trying so hard to deny it but, I realized that, commoners doesn't posses any ruby red eyes as her and hair as light as the blue sky as her.

If it really was her, she coudn't possibly be good in swordsmanship to even keep up with me, unlesss...

She's also reincarnated.

And these thoughts were confirmed when I get the chance to talk to her, I really can't stop myself from admiring these beautiful doll like appearance of her, she's just too cute. I guess it's some kind of power a heroine possessed. Okay, away from that.

I asked her about the game but, she looks confused. I thought I made a fake assumption again but when she said that she also knows what otome games are, my eyes lit up and can't help myself from grabbing her shoulders out of excitement.

What made me confuse is that, she doesn't seem to know what responsibilities and challenges she would encounter, and I thought right. She doesn't know about the rebirth of a demon lord, I think she haven't completed all of the game routes that's why she's clueless about some other plots.

"Hey, tell me everything about the history of that game, everything, you hear that?"

T.T

She glared at me as if she was giving me a threat. I was about to say I would live to, but when I saw Nickolai heading towards me, fuming with rage, I proposed a meeting with her instead without even hearing that she agreed.

I ran towards him and jumped over him, "Catch!" I shouted but before he even could react, I landed unto him almost losing balance. He released me from his arms as he scolded me not to do it again. I just laughed it off as we departed and left the town. I was just happy that I got to meet someone from earth.

But when we got home, it was even messier than the morning, the maids were shouting my name and the knights of father were scattered throughout the mansion calling out my name. Wow, this is what I call mess...

"Well, I got nothing to do with this..."

He attempted to escape but I grabbed him by the collar heading inside...

And so... we both got scolded over and over again.

-unedited