Chapter 18

*****Trigger Warning: Sensitive content up ahead.****

Third Person's POV

"You haven't made any progress at all?! Just how useless can you be?!"

Another slap from the cheeks made her head turn from another direction, beads of tears streaking down from her face yet, this time, no sounds of outcry came out. Which made the lord even more irritated.

"Tch, get her out of my sight... and force the family out with the verdict of kidnapping a child of nobility."

"Father! You can't do-!"

Before she could even get on the Lord's nerves again, she was pulled back rashly so she wouldn't cause others more trouble.

*

*

*

Unaware of what might happen to them, Norma excitedly prepares their youngest her favorite food along with her son, Brandon, whilst the father secretly takes care of the gift he had for her.

Noticing the ruckus from outside, Larry went out to check on what's it all about just to be surprise at the sudden point of weapon towards him, due to reflexes as a veteran adventurer, he jumped back away from possible danger just to be caught by one of the knights of the Kelly Household.

"Larry, what's taking you-!"

Caught off guard, Norma gasped as she was reprimanded from behind.

"Norma! What's the meaning of all this?! We're a loyal subject to our Lord, we had done nothing wrong to be treated this way!"

"Let go! Scumbag, I said let go of mmmmphh!"

"We have received an order to arrest the family who has taken hostage of a member of the high society, we advice that with further retaliation, you shall face a much rather heavy punishment"

"High society?! We have never-!"

"The child with the crimson eyes, and clear blue locks, certainly, she isn't a blood-relative, is it?"

Silence filled the air, with nothing but murmurs from the surrounding spectators. With nothing more to say, Norma, Larry, and Brandon could only be dragged along, heads and eyes glued on the ground, refusing to believe the information that was suddenly spat unto them.

*

*

*

Happily swinging her legs in and out of the seat, Alicia couldn't help but smile since she's already going home, and not just that, she's officially turning 6 in the next three days. Getting cooped up in the mansion only made her homesick to her current family.

"Hey, Kuro, I'm curious about the dragons you've told me about, are they all found in one place?"

"Each one of them have their own territory to handle, and they also sometimes mingle with the humans"

"Hmm~ I kinda want to meet one"

Alicia hummed as she found herself drifting away to sleep, her body was so tired from the last training she got from Madison before her departure this morning, certainly, she is a villainess.

*

*

*

The sound of rattling chains being shaken resonates around the underground cell, Brandon couldn't know what time of the day it is, his body was numb of any pain, but of course, being tortured and interrogated at the same time clouded his thinking, devoid of any light. He was only hoping for one thing, for her little precious sister, Alicia, to never know of their circumstances, ever. He doesn't wish for the same suffering as he did and her parents, done the same to her. He was aware of their plans for her.

They never intended for Alicia to be returned to her biological parents, they just wished to control her before returning to her rightful parents, in doing so, they might gain something much higher than money.

"You haven't seen her for the past week, you say? Hmmm? How 'bout I entirely prevent you from seeing her"

Thinking back to the Lord's words and how he personally gouged out his eyes, he shivered at the thought of it once more, hoping for all of this to just end, he didn't know what happened to his parents, probably he did, but refused to think of it since it would bring him more sorrow.

Lifting his head up, he felt a slight warm enveloping his face and smiled, 'Ah, it must be in the middle of the day'
He thought, as he feels his body giving up, and feeling tired and sleepy. But before he could embrace the sleepiness, a loud bang, quaking the earth made him come back to his senses, adrenaline kicking in, in fear of thinking that this is one of the Lord's schemes again.

Shit, I can't keep myself from being conscious.

A/n:

Hi, hello, I just wanna take this opportunity to advertise one of the books I published on a whim, a reincarnated time-travel kind of thing, it's called 'Being the Villain as I am'. But please be informed that this one is BL, so if ur not into this kind of stuff, then it's fine.
Anyway, here's the synopsis.

->Shawn was just a normal military soldier, faithfully serving his own country, due to an unknown enemy attack, he was one of the soldiers who was caught up in the crossfire. He, who died in the process, reborn as a noble in a fantasy-like world, but in return, losing all his memories of his previous life.

Shawn, who is now known as Nathaniel Klein von Stephenville, lived his life without knowing what he wants, therefore being used by his own father. He lived as a scumbag to the noble society, and lost who he is. His father was just as worse as him, he owns a slavery auction, he sells magical beasts illegally, and even sells off his children just for the sake of the prosperity of his business.

This business didn't last long, by the time the crowned prince reigned, he eradicated all corrupt nobles and executed them, of course, that didn't exempt the Stephenville family. And thus, that's how Shawn's second life came to an end...

...but, he returned back, back to 20 years ago before everything went astray, and this time, he had his memories of his two lifetime.