7. Dinner?

America's PoV

"Hey, Matt!" My brother didn't notice. I watched as Matthew walked away, probably to his. Somehow, for some reason, I felt a slight sting of hurt. Kuma looked at me.

My mind raced as I started to scratch the bear's head. Obviously Mattie was just tired. He probably doesn't want to eat dinner anyways. Fumbling with my hands, I walked back into the kitchen, eyeing the plate of food I left out for my brother.

Kumajiro suggested to throw it away. Instead, I put it in the fridge for later.

Unconsciously, I laid down on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. My mind raced, thinking if Matthew was just upset or something. When he walked in, I barely even saw him.

Sighing, I got up. "America?" the polar bear looked at me, cocking his head slightly to the right. He didn't have to say anything else as I already knew what he was going to ask.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get 'cha some tuna. Just gimme a sec, little dude."

Basically jumping off the couch, I headed to the kitchen.

***

"Hey! Stop that!" I shouted towards Kumajiro who was attempting to take more fish to eat. "No more fish today, little dude."

"But-"

"No."

"Please-"

"No!"

"Why-"

"No!"

Mr. Kumajiro whined, "This is why I like Canada more." Dramatically, I made a shocked expression. That made the bear and myself giggle. "But," the bear started to talk again, "I want to be with Canada again. I miss being with him..."