5. Part of the Awesome Trio

3rd Person PoV

‟Come on, Alfred!‟ a very loud Dane called out. ‟You have to beat Gilbert!‟

The Prussian immediately disapproved. ‟Nein! I'm awesome at this game! No one can just beat the awesome me at it!‟ As if almost on cue, the game ended. Matthew was in first place and Prussia was in second place.

Matthew beamed with excitement. ‟Don't worry, Gilbert! Maybe next time."

Currently, Matthew was hanging out with Alfred's friends Gilbert and Matthias, or the rest of the awesome trio. Even though these two were Alfred's best friends, Alfred agreed to let Mattie take his spot. Because anyways, Matthew really wanted to hang out with them, and Alfred still felt guilty and felt this would be a good way to make up for it (even though he didn't have to).

"Gil, move! It's my turn!" Matthias said while slightly pushing Gilbert away while grabbing his controller.

"Alright. Alright." He said, while scooting out of the way. The Dane quickly took his spot as Prussia made his way to the couch and lazily sat on it. "So, Amerika. You ready to get beaten by the BEST gamer out there?"

Matt chuckled, "I should be asking you that." That didn't seem to affect the Dane as he immediately started a new game.

Each minute became more and more stressful and the two of them were now neck-in-neck. Prussia was cheering Matt on the entire time.

It seemed like forever before the screen changed. Matthew was in first and Matthias in second. "Wow..." Denmark said in defeat, laying down a bit. "You really put up a fight."

"Well, it was on difficult and it was just the two of us playing. So there had to be a fight or it wouldn't have been exciting," Mattie reassured.

Gilbert seemed to not care and instead begged Matthew for his controller so he could go against Matthias. The three just played video games until they all got too tired. "Wanna order pizza?" a very exhausted Matthew asked.

Matthias and Gilbert both lazily agreed. "I'll go order it." the Dane said before jumping up and grabbing his phone, quickly ordering some pizza.

Gilbert turned to Matt, "Hey Alfred, the Italian brothers and Spain were talking about inviting you to hang out. They wanted me to ask you so they don't end up making too much food. I was gonna go too but West and I already planned on going drinking that day."

There was a second of silence before Matt said he would go. "They'll text me, right?"

"Yeah."

~time skip~

The Canadian knocked on the door before entering. "I'm back!" He was greeted with a 'hey' from the American who was sitting in the living room. Matthew slightly ran into the room.

He almost threw himself on the couch across from Alfred before immediately opening his mouth to talk. All he could talk about is how amazing it was to hang out with people and play video games.

All Alfred did was agree and smile. It was nice listening to his taller brother talk non-stop about how enjoyable it was.