Chapter 5

A/n heyy I deleted the previous chapter 5, that deviated from the original plot so this is the correction!!

*2 days later*

Taehyung bid goodbye to Bogum as he hopped off his car. He went inside and plopped onto his couch. That's when he remembered Jungkook never called.

He was waiting for Jungkook to call and tell him that the break was a bad idea. It usually happened that way, Jungkook would call, Taehyung would forgive and they'd go back to normal. But Jungkook never called. That was very unlikely of him.

He thought of calling but he felt uneasy so he called Jimin.

"Hey Jimin ah!! How was your trip??"

"Boorriiinngg" Jimin whined.

"Wait you're back?"

"Oh yes we left last night. Hyung and Jungkookie never showed up! Apparently, Yoongi hyung took Jungkook to Seoul. I guess they went home, but you should already know that haha my bad" Jimin giggled and then yawned.

"Oh"

"You didn't know, did you?" Jimin spoke after a few seconds.

"We fought yesterday morning.. and I told him we need to take a break"  tae told Jimin.

"Oh hmm.. maybe that's why he went home? To clear his head?"

"There's still a few days for Christmas, I thought he'd go later" Tae said.

"Must be because of the breakup Tae"

"It wasn't a break up!" Tae yelled. "I always say it, he knows that! And I said 2 days break... Just to think"

"Did he say he's okay with that?" Jimin asked carefully.

"What do you mean?" Tae asked not understanding.

"I just.. a relationship works with two people in it right? You decided for 2 days but he may have.... you know?"

"You think Jungkook will break up with me? Come on..." Tae huffed.

"Tae I love you but look... I don't know what people you're talking to but this ain't right okay?"

"Its-"

Hobi snatched the phone from Jimin.

"No listen to me. Jungkook is your boyfriend and the reason he agrees to everything you say is because he loves you. But you need to know he's no where needy or thinks he won't get anyone better. He's literally the captain of our school with so many fans. It's only because he made himself unapproachable for YOU that those minions don't run after him. You of all people should know that Tae.. how hard it was for you in the beginning to get his attention. So how can you talk about him this way? This is not the Tae I know, I'm sorry. But I just maybe I should have spoken to you sooner.. I did not know it was this bad"

There was a long pause. Tae had never been spoken to this way. First he was angry at Jimin for letting Hobi hyung listen to the conversation but everything made sense. So he decided to stay quiet.

"Maybe I am stepping on the line here and maybe Jungkook has already given up.. I'm just saying don't take things you have for granted."

Tae cut the call. He didn't want to listen to that anymore, it made him feel weird. He felt judged. But the most important, he felt guilty.

His phone rang again, he knew it was Jimin trying to apologise but he didn't want to talk to anyone other than Jungkook at the moment. He also wasn't sure if he should call Jungkook.

He made up his mind to apologise when Jungkook is back but he never expected Jungkook to just disappear and ghost him for a month.

~

~

End of Prologue